Clockwork mod Issue

noto45

May 27, 2011
I just bought a Gtabelet yestrerday and want to install Vegan 5.1 on it. I feel pretty lame since I cant even get cloworkmod to work. I have copied it to the root level and rebooted with the power and volume+ button on. It appears to install but when I reboot it does not boot into clockword mod it just keeps wants to install it over and over again.????

beastman

May 8, 2011
Google Bishop of technology and follow his excellent article on roofing gtablet.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Essentially you're stuck in a boot loop correct?... which version of CWMod did you try to install?.. the "SD" version or the "Internal" version? and they actually refer to the mem partitions in real life.. not the way they have them set up on the tablet... the "internal" one goes on the SDCARD partion of the tablet.... the "SD" version goes on the SDCARD2 partion

Have you tried to hard shut down the tablet via pressing the power button for about 10 sec? .. if not do that and hold down the vol + key upon restarting it to see if you have clockwork actually installed or not... if not it will try continue booting. If you do have it you'll come to a screen with green writing and it'll say clockwork at the top....

If you don't have clockwork then the only option you have at this point is to somehow get the files from the "SD(external)" version on a micro SD card to set up clock work from the external sd and go that route...

and what do you mean when you say appears to install?... if you hit the home button while it's going through the install process you'll actually see what's being done instead of a blank screen....

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
You need to remove the update.zip file from the root of the system before going into recovery. it keeps trying to install the update. boot up normally, using something like file explorer delete out move the update file from root and you probably will be fine.

Sent from my Bottle of Smoke using Android Tablet Forum

Hunterjones35

May 20, 2011
You need to remove the update.zip file from the root of the system before going into recovery. it keeps trying to install the update. boot up normally, using something like file explorer delete out move the update file from root and you probably will be fine.

This piece of advice was very helpful for me. I was having the same exact problem because I had read a thread that said the file was deleted automatically. Once I moved the file out of the root directory, bingo, I could boot into recovery, do a backup and flash a rom! THANKS PBRAUER!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Glad to help!

noto45

May 27, 2011
ok i found my error i had the wrong version on clockworld thanks for al the help. I loaded vegan 5.1 and all it does is stay on the birds screen forever. it must not be my day...............

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
you prob just need to to do a data/cache wipe.. go into clockwork and select "wipe data/factory reset"... then "wipe cache partition" ... that SHOULD set you right with the world...

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
you may also want to partition the sdcard, the proper settings for that are 2048/0, and this is in the advanced functions from CWM

yu203964

Jul 15, 2011
I got my gtablet yesterday and tried to install CWM v.8 using external micro SD card. It looked like it was half way done because it could not reboot by itself and stuck at a screen asking for reboot. So I selected reboot but it did not reboot. I had to force it to close. When I pressed volume+ and power, it had this message on the upper left coner: Recover key detected, booting recovery kernel image and 3 birds in the middle of the screen. It stuck there forever without doing anything. I only installed Z4root and nothing else. How can I remove the half-done CWM and redo it again. If I can do it again, what should I look out to avoid the same error?

TEK112

Jul 3, 2011
If it it won't load you will need to perform an nvflash. The tablet won't natively load from the external sdcard, so you will need to nvflash it back to stock to allow you to gain access to the internal sdcard If you are savvy enough you can nvflash clockwork mod by renaming clockwork recovery.img to part9.img and using that file to replace the part9.img file of the nvflash folder before performing the nvflash.

yu203964

Jul 15, 2011
I did NVFlash by following instructions in Viewsonic GTablet For Dummies. Every thing is working fine now. Thanks.