Clockwork Mod Question

ChromeIce01

Apr 4, 2011
HELLO

I have a 7015a and have installed the Clockwork Recovery Mod. I go to Term Emu and type the flash_image /sdcard/bla bla and then reboot recovery and it reboots into the Clockwork Recovery Program like its supposed to. However when I Power Off and hold the Silver Back button and the Power button, it boots into the standard Android recovery instead of Clockwork. I can only get to clockwork by typing reboot recovery in Term Emu. Is this supposed to happen this way?

Please help.

mpass057

Apr 23, 2011
anyone else? I used Term Emulator. Never hooked my tablet up to my pc.

You don't need the PC or have to use adb. It's just easier than the terminal emulator on the device.
Just issue these commands in the terminal emulator:

Code:
mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img

Now power down the device and then power back up into recovery and see if CWM loads.
The install-recovery.sh file is what's causing the original to load everytime. We have to move/disable it so clockwork can load.

cleodookie

May 7, 2011
OMG THANK YOU MPASS!!!!! I an so new to this its funny, but I got my 7015a rooted and everything (I was so proud of myself, it was pathetic) but could NOT get CWM to work! This worked PERFECTLY!!! Im so new I don't even know how to install a new ROM. I want Honeycomb, but I don't know what to do...Im reading the instructions now. Will I lose everything when I do the factory reset and have to get all my apps and music and everything again everytime I install or switch ROMS?

driggs

Apr 22, 2011
cleodookie,

I am still new to this myself, but I can answer a couple of your questions. If you follow tipsters instructions, the ROM upgrade is straightforward, but you will lose everything when you apply a Full or Lite version (which you have to do the first time). When you upgrade, if you are moving from one HC ROM to a newer one, Tipster has been uploading a patch upgrade which will keep your settings. I am doing this now to get his latest and greatest creation. I am very grateful for your post, as I was always using the terminal to get into Clockwork (never realized there was another way). THANKS!

cleodookie

May 7, 2011
Driggs
Thank you! Can you tell me why Honeycomb is better/different than Cyanogen? That's what I'm using now, and i see no issues with it. Is it just a visual/customization preference, or does it actually do something different?

driggs

Apr 22, 2011
You should check Tipsters posts. His was the first ROM I have applied, so I cannot say it performs better or worse than any other. It is more than just cosmetic changes, and he does some things with buffering memory in the newest releases. If no one else replies that really knows the answer, I would back up what you have and give it a go. I know I am very happy with it!