Clockwork mod recovery and cm7 working on the coby kyros 7022.

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
which program do we use to flash the stock recovery.im with? I assume we can use fastboot for this correct? what about CWM with the zip file itself?

I flashed back to stock recovery using fastboot and it flashed perfectly. I havnt tried the second method you mentioned so I don't know if it will work or not.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

yusoweird

Sep 21, 2011
Can someone send me the stock ROM? I never had any recovery on my tablet for some reason. So, I had to install CWM and CM7 via FWDN. Now, I want to go back to the stock ROM using CWM. But I was never able to backup the stock ROM. Can someone please help? Thanks.

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
Fun just released v5 of clockworkmod for this tablet will test it later and report the results.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Fun just released v5 of clockworkmod for this tablet will test it later and report the results.

I've had it for about a week the one with the cool blue text. I never got my question answered if v4 backups will work or not. But it works great I have made 2 backups so far. Haven't tried wiping anything becuase in v4 when I tried to wipe dalvik cache my tablet was stuck in boot loop until i restored

fun

Aug 19, 2010
I've had it for about a week the one with the cool blue text. I never got my question answered if v4 backups will work or not. But it works great I have made 2 backups so far. Haven't tried wiping anything becuase in v4 when I tried to wipe dalvik cache my tablet was stuck in boot loop until i restored

sorry if I missed your question. I can't promise I will answer all questions.
even if I can restore v4 backup with v5, I don't guarantee at all.

like as trickbiker121, if you try, then you'll get answer very quickly.

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
Thats good to know that v4 backups work with v5.
sorry if I missed your question. I can't promise I will answer all questions.
even if I can restore v4 backup with v5, I don't guarantee at all.

like as trickbiker121, if you try, then you'll get answer very quickly.
I am not able to download anything on your site When I click on the link for Clockwork I get "The requested page could not be found."

piratesscareme

Aug 15, 2011
V5 seems to work with no problems. I have done a lot of backups/ restores and wiping of the cache and delvik cache with no problems.

Trying to put stock camera files on cm7 results in boot loop. Fun, if you have any ideas or need a tester let me know. I would love to have the camera working.

Sent from my Kyros MID7022 8K using Tapatalk

Kayhold

Nov 27, 2010
No matter what I do, I can not get the market to install with CM7 on. I can do it fine on stock, rooted with SU, but I can only get framework to install then the onetimeinitializer and setupwizard tell me "Application not installed"

Also with CM7, I can not boot to the USB. Grr. I admit I havent read all of the XDA thread because its 101 pages, and it wont let me search the term "USB" because its too short.
Any suggestions?

Last edited: