Clockwork mod recovery and cm7 working on the coby kyros 7022.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
No matter what I do, I can not get the market to install with CM7 on. I can do it fine on stock, rooted with SU, but I can only get framework to install then the onetimeinitializer and setupwizard tell me "Application not installed"

Any suggestions?

If it's rooted, you should be able to copy the apks to /system/app. Just make sure the file names has no blank spaces in their names, and GoogleServicesFramework is the same version as your Android (i.e. if you are on Gingerbread, you need GSF v2.3 and so on...). I had some cases that I could not install an apk but copying it to /system/app worked just fine.

fun

Aug 19, 2010
No matter what I do, I can not get the market to install with CM7 on. I can do it fine on stock, rooted with SU, but I can only get framework to install then the onetimeinitializer and setupwizard tell me "Application not installed"

Also with CM7, I can not boot to the USB. Grr. I admit I havent read all of the XDA thread because its 101 pages, and it wont let me search the term "USB" because its too short.
Any suggestions?

if you really want CyanogenMod, please forget everything about non-CyanogenMod ROMs and learn about what is/how to use CyanogenMod.
please read post#1, #2, and #3 on XDA thread. you can find links about CyanogenMod and gapps(incl. market).

if you have a problem with CyanogenMod7 for telechips, please ask on XDA thread with detail, what you want to do, what you did, and what you got.

Kayhold

Nov 27, 2010
I have re-read them, again and I got the gapps finally working but not the USB host. From the notes on the first page, it says its working but its not for me.

ETA: It took about 4 hours of searching and reading through 100+ pages since the search feature wont work for the word USB, but for anyone else having this problem and not finding a clear answer - download "Auto Load Your SD Card" from market.

Last edited:

fun

Aug 19, 2010
I have re-read them, again and I got the gapps finally working but not the USB host. From the notes on the first page, it says its working but its not for me.

ETA: It took about 4 hours of searching and reading through 100+ pages since the search feature wont work for the word USB, but for anyone else having this problem and not finding a clear answer - download "Auto Load Your SD Card" from market.

"USB host" is a function for using USB keyboard, USB mouse, etc...
if you are talking about function for reading/writing SD card inserted in 7022 (or internal NAND flash) from PC, it's called as USB device, or USB mass storage mode. there is issue as described in post#3 on XDA thread.

anyway, my CM7 port is not perfect. I don't enforce you to use it.

cheeb

Sep 10, 2011
Hey, I'm having some trouble with installing clockworkmod 5. I've installed v4 a while back during the summer without any issues; however, when I try to install it now it just won't take. I placed the file on the root of my sd...renamed it to update and i keep getting:

"Installing: /sdcard/update.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
E:Can't open /sdcard/update.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted.

Any help for that?

Can I just install the cynogenomod with v4? Thanks for any assistance.

Also, how do you flash the stock recovery? I have the files....just need to know how to go about flashing it.

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Installing: /sdcard/update.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
E:Can't open /sdcard/update.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted.

Corrupted file? Did you try downloading it again? Check its checksum (if there is one) after downloading to make sure it's OK.

reaper420

Nov 7, 2011
I have already rooted my 7022 with SuperOneClick, but no method i have tried will let me back up the recovery, just out of curiosity, is it not possible to flash the clockwork mod recovery image through terminal emulator like i do with my android phone

JerryScript

Mar 12, 2011
Keep the CWM recovery img file in the zip file, don't extract it like you do when flashing with terminal emulator.

Rename the CWM zip file to update.zip and place it on your sdcard, then under settings>>about device>>system updates>>install system update.

reaper420

Nov 7, 2011
Keep the CWM recovery img file in the zip file, don't extract it like you do when flashing with terminal emulator.

Rename the CWM zip file to update.zip and place it on your sdcard, then under settings>>about device>>system updates>>install system update.

It just shows that my system is up to date,it doesn't give me the option to install

Sent from my MID7022 using Tapatalk

maxikyd

Sep 7, 2011
windows didn't install the drivers, and I'm such a noob I don't know how to reflash the backup (I did save the backup). How do I restore so I can start fresh? where do I go for the "for Dummies" section on how to do this?

miller0613

Nov 18, 2011
I am having the same problem as Kayhold with trying to install the gtab files and getting application not installed. Please let me know how to get around this. I am a new android user and have downloaded the superuser to root and am still getting this message. Any help would be great.
thanks

reaper420

Nov 7, 2011
If your already rooted then you can just move the files manually to the system/apps folder change the permissions and reboot

Sent from my 7022 using Tapatalk