Clockwork mod recovery and cm7 working on the coby kyros 7022.

crazythunder

Dec 5, 2011
is there any news on a method for cwm on the 7127? i flashed the dump-recovery-signed.zip but it left no backup on my sdcard. so maybe this method doesn't work yet on the 7127? i'm hesitant to try flashing cwm without a stock recovery backup. i saw cwm5 has issues with hdmi out etc. would it be possible to flash a different version cwm for my 7127? and if so, where could i locate it? thanks in advance.
edit....i see it's not cwm with the hdmi issue, just cm7, so i'll hold off for now. can anyone confirm hdmi out is NOT working on cm7? while i was playing with droid explorer on my windows pc, i hit "reboot to recovery" and guess what? cwm5 loaded. so now, how do i boot to recovery from the tablet?

Last edited:

LiquidFire187

Dec 5, 2011
What exactly does CM7 add that differs from the factory 2.3 gingerbread? And do you believe it will work with the 7127? They do have the same CPU don't they?

tuner420

Dec 30, 2011
Will it work with MID8024? (system specs are in my sig.) also i need some help @daprospecta and all the guys that know about this, in flash clockwork mod recovery wich device do you select, also if i do that will i be able to upgrade to 2.3???? i dont want cyanogenmod

TechMan334

Jan 1, 2012
I need to restore the dumped stock recovery files but I don't know how to because everytime I go to clockwork mod recovery and try to install the zip file, it keeps saying installation aborted...Is there something I'm doing wrong???

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
I need to restore the dumped stock recovery files but I don't know how to because everytime I go to clockwork mod recovery and try to install the zip file, it keeps saying installation aborted...Is there something I'm doing wrong???
you can't restore a recovery in a recovery you need to flash it using fastboot

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

adrock

Jan 10, 2012
Got it. Pretty easy actually. It looks and runs great. The market is ok (it asks me to pay for all my apps now). Ive removed the phone apk's. now if I can just stop it from waking up every 45 sec. Any ideas?

ChopShop

Jan 24, 2012
Created via Fun's method: http://db.tt/4LJ0Lza
consists of recovery.img and the proc_mtd file.
I'm new to this so please forgive my ignorance... bought a Kyros 7022, watched youtube, rooted without backing up (like a dumbass)... now I want to get it back to stock firmware... I downloaded the file above, but don't know how to install it. Please help.

shiroken11

Sep 8, 2011
I'm new to this so please forgive my ignorance... bought a Kyros 7022, watched youtube, rooted without backing up (like a dumbass)... now I want to get it back to stock firmware... I downloaded the file above, but don't know how to install it. Please help.

Okay, first, that file is ONLY the stock recovery. And so I don't believe it will restore the default firmware.
However... I do believe there was a post about stock ROM on page #15. Once I have some spare time, I'll work on getting a surefire stock ROM. But being a grad student, I can't make any promises :p

shiroken11

Sep 8, 2011
Here we go! One factory standard ROM!

Download this zip and unzip it inside the backup folder that Clockwork uses (/sdcard/backup).
http://db.tt/pOCojiA7

Once it's done that, reboot into clockwork recovery, select backup/restore, restore, backup_stock. Then reboot! Enjoy!

Last edited: