Clockwork mod recovery and cm7 working on the coby kyros 7022.

baluvee

Jul 10, 2011
is your TS working again after back to stock rom?

Yes it does. please understand that using your mod does not make touchscreen not work altogether. It does work, but once we lock, then it does not work. If I restart the tablet, touch works until I lock the screen. So something to do with lock screen or hibernate

Last edited:

fun

Aug 19, 2010
thanks. I see, I heard similar report from another 7022 user and I think it will happen only on 7022 with my CM7 for EM73.
I think using 7022 kernel with my CM7 may fix this issue.

(this issue is not "dead TS" issue reported from other users and it is not "miscalibrated TS" issue of course)

baluvee

Jul 10, 2011
thanks. I see, I heard similar report from another 7022 user and I think it will happen only on 7022 with my CM7 for EM73.
I think using 7022 kernel with my CM7 may fix this issue.

(this issue is not "dead TS" issue reported from other users and it is not "miscalibrated TS" issue of course)
no it is not. your ROM is GOOD. If you can fix this issue, then I think it would be THE BEST rom for 7022. count me for any help

fun

Aug 19, 2010
no it is not. your ROM is GOOD. If you can fix this issue, then I think it would be THE BEST rom for 7022. count me for any help

I need 7022 kernel which is in boot.img or recovery.img from stock rom.

baluvee

Jul 10, 2011
* How to install/use ClockworkMod Recovery 4
1.Download this file http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...- xda-developers&txt=dump-recovery-signed.zip
2.In windows format your SD card as FAT32 (not quick format)
3.create a folder by name sdcard in your SD CARD
4.Copy the above downloaded file to sdcard folder
5.rename the file as update.zip
6.Insert the sd card to MID7022
7.Go to Settings --> About Device -->System Updates --> Install System Updates --> FromSD card
clockworkmod will be booted on next reboot recovery.
Credit goes to fun_@http://forum.xda-developers.com

Now you should be in recovery console.
FIRST thing to do is backup your STOCK ROM
Navigation keys on clockworkmod, MENU = next item, HOME or POWER = select, BACK = back.
Once backup is completed. Please save the backup to secure location other than SD card
Now reboot the tablet.

Rooting
1.Insert the same SD card to your PC
2.Goto Superuser 2.3.6.3 [17 June 2011]
3.Download Eclair/Froyo/Gingerbread/Honeycomb
<http://downloads.androidsu.com/superuser/su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip>
4.Copy the file to /sdcard folder in your SD Card
5.reboot your MID7022 into recovery mode.
to reboot recovery
1.power down the tablet
2.hold power and back button( round silver button)
this should bring up clockworkmod recovery console
6.select install zip from sdcard
7.browse and select su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip
it should install and root your device
8. enjoy your new rooted MID7022
Bala

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
by the way I removed COBY 7022 from supported list for my CM7 for now.

there is some reports about dead TS on 7022. I'm not sure what causes it. I think some are just defect hardware, some are just user didn't follow procedure and got wrongly calibrated TS(actually no problem). if you are using my CM7 and TS still works fine, please report.

I can't believe but if it's come from software, then just using clockworkmod recovery for EM73 also have a chance to kill your 7022 TS.
I'll try 7022 kernel on my EM73 when I get it.

I warn here but I'll not remove my files on my site because it's for EM73. there is no issue on EM73 and variants.

It worked for me. When it woke up the TS wouldn't work unless I rebooted

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
thanks. I'll make CWM4/CM7 with this later.
I want to use XDA thread for following discussion.

If u use the 7022 kernel would that enable HDMI etcetera?

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

fun

Aug 19, 2010
If u use the 7022 kernel would that enable HDMI etcetera?

no, of course.

7022 kernel fixes "TS no response after resume" issue. now I think EM73 and COBY 7022 uses bit different hardware. please use KYROS7022-8K files instead of EM73-8K on my site.

"dead TS" issue is still unidentified but I guess it's hardware issue.

fun

Aug 19, 2010
* How to install/use ClockworkMod Recovery 4
1.Download this file (snip)

hi,

this is 2nd time I saw my file is linked via viglink.com(affiliate site?).
I guess it's inserted automatically by something but I'm not sure who/why did it.
can you fix dump.zip link in your post?

my files are sometimes moved/updated/renamed so it's better to just link my site or xda thread.

EDIT:
and your link is dump.zip, not recovery.zip.

Last edited:

jjr1314

Jul 13, 2011
I still cannot figure out how to install clockworksmod on my mid7022. I tried funs way first and could not get it. I ran into the same prob as darosecta had. Then i tried daprosecta's method and the link took me to androtab but with page not found. No file to download. Any help out there.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
I still cannot figure out how to install clockworksmod on my mid7022. I tried funs way first and could not get it. I ran into the same prob as darosecta had. Then i tried daprosecta's method and the link took me to androtab but with page not found. No file to download. Any help out there.

He posted a new file for our tablet. Go to androtab and look under telechips and u will find the file for our tablet.

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011

If ur problems persist. We can link u p on google plus