Clockwork mod recovery and cm7 working on the coby kyros 7022.

jjr1314

Jul 13, 2011
Well hot damn. It's working. Thanks every one who helped so far. Apparently I wasnt holding the back button long enough to enter the menu. I also was'nt putting the files in th tflash folder. Got it right this time and it worked. Installed superuser and now i'm rooted (I think) it says I am. Now I need to know how to teather to an iphone's hot spot and what program to use to rename the phone.apks.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Well hot damn. It's working. Thanks every one who helped so far. Apparently I wasnt holding the back button long enough to enter the menu. I also was'nt putting the files in th tflash folder. Got it right this time and it worked. Installed superuser and now i'm rooted (I think) it says I am. Now I need to know how to teather to an iphone's hot spot and what program to use to rename the phone.apks.

You can rename apks with root explorer after hitting mount r/w

You can get rid of ads in apps by installing "AdFree" and allowing superuser premissions.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I've got "AdFree" and the ads in apps still appear but ads in webpages don't. I thought that's how it's supposed to work. Maybe the ads that appear in my apps aren't on "AdFree"s list yet.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
I've got "AdFree" and the ads in apps still appear but ads in webpages don't. I thought that's how it's supposed to work. Maybe the ads that appear in my apps aren't on "AdFree"s list yet.

What apps? did you restart after installing?

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
Does camera and HDMI still not work for the Coby after getting ClockWork Mod or is it fixed? Thanks in advance

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
Everything works with ClockWork Mod. CM7 "Cyanogenmod 7" is what camera and hdmi does not work in.
Thanks. A few questions about clockwork before rooting the tablet.
1. Can we get stock recovery back after installing ClockWork Mod?
2. Can we restore stock rom through the stock recovery or do we need ClockWork Mod?
Thanks again for your help

Last edited:

jpauley

Jul 24, 2011
* How to install/use ClockworkMod Recovery 4
1.Download this file http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...ery-cm7-working-coby-kyros-7022-a.html&title=[DEV] unofficial CyanogenMod 7%2FClockworkMod Recovery 4 for TCC8902%2FTCC8803 tablets - xda-developers&txt=dump-recovery-signed.zip
2.In windows format your SD card as FAT32 (not quick format)
3.create a folder by name sdcard in your SD CARD
4.Copy the above downloaded file to sdcard folder
5.rename the file as update.zip
6.Insert the sd card to MID7022
7.Go to Settings --> About Device -->System Updates --> Install System Updates --> FromSD card
clockworkmod will be booted on next reboot recovery.
Credit goes to fun_@http://forum.xda-developers.com

Now you should be in recovery console.
FIRST thing to do is backup your STOCK ROM
Navigation keys on clockworkmod, MENU = next item, HOME or POWER = select, BACK = back.
Once backup is completed. Please save the backup to secure location other than SD card
Now reboot the tablet.

Rooting
1.Insert the same SD card to your PC
2.Goto Superuser 2.3.6.3 [17 June 2011]
3.Download Eclair/Froyo/Gingerbread/Honeycomb
<http://downloads.androidsu.com/superuser/su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip>
4.Copy the file to /sdcard folder in your SD Card
5.reboot your MID7022 into recovery mode.
to reboot recovery
1.power down the tablet
2.hold power and back button( round silver button)
this should bring up clockworkmod recovery console
6.select install zip from sdcard
7.browse and select su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip
it should install and root your device
8. enjoy your new rooted MID7022
Bala

what file do I want to download to install ClockworkMod Recovery 4? dump-recovery-signed.zip or KYROS7022-8K-recovery-signed.zip

Whatever one you tell me to download then gets renames to update.zip?

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
what file do I want to download to install ClockworkMod Recovery 4? dump-recovery-signed.zip or KYROS7022-8K-recovery-signed.zip

Whatever one you tell me to download then gets renames to update.zip?

Dump-recovery-signed.zip backs up the stock recovery. This should be done before installing KYROS7022-8K-recovery-signed.zip. rename them update.zip and place inside tflash folder. Home this helps.

jpauley

Jul 24, 2011
Dump-recovery-signed.zip backs up the stock recovery. This should be done before installing KYROS7022-8K-recovery-signed.zip. rename them update.zip and place inside tflash folder. Home this helps. Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum
Just to be clear, I need both and they both get renamed update.zip?

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
Just to be clear, I need both and they both get renamed update.zip?

Yes you are correct. After you run dump-recovery-signed.zip a file will be created in tflash called recovery.img keep that file in a safe place.

Last edited:

jeromekobriger

Jul 15, 2011
I've run CM7 on various cell phones before, so I do know what features it has. What does it do for our 7022's? Any changes in responsiveness, either screen touch or system speed? Does it cure the wicked wake-up issue where the screen turns on and off?

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
I've run CM7 on various cell phones before, so I do know what features it has. What does it do for our 7022's? Any changes in responsiveness, either screen touch or system speed? Does it cure the wicked wake-up issue where the screen turns on and off?

[DEV] unofficial CyanogenMod 7/ClockworkMod Recovery 4 for TCC8902/TCC8803 tablets - xda-developers

According to Fun's thread right now not much. But read some of the responses I am sure they said how it worked for them.

rpcantrell

May 30, 2011
A testimonial for ClockworkMod. I was messing around with various apps yesterday on my rooted 7022, and messed something up. Everything was working fine. I powered it off for a while, and it would not reboot. It got to the Android name and just flashed on and off slowly. I almost panicked, but finally powered up into ClockworkMod mode and restored. I lost the apps I had installed lately, and it was no longer rooted. I didn't go back to factory, just restored to where I was when installed ClockworkMode. I then rooted it again by running the update.zip from Clockwork, and everything was fine. took about five minutes. I'm a believer!