Clockwork mod recovery and cm7 working on the coby kyros 7022.

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
Hello:

Can somebody help ... when I follow the link to step-1 it says "File not Found" I would greatly appreciate if somebody could share that file. Thanks

Also another question .. Since I can't get my MicroSD card reader to work properly on my computer, can I format the drive to FAT32 connected thru my MID 7022 ?? Once connected thru the tablet it shows up as F: drive on my computer and when I right click it is giving me the option to Format the drive ...

Another question how do we know whether clockwork mod is actually installed in the system ??

Thank you all for your kind replies.

Best regards,

Zac.
all the files for clockworkmod and stock recovery dump are here Telechips custom firmwares | androtab.info

scottspa74

Jul 30, 2011
thanks hahahaha I feel like an idiot ;) . I was just worried cuz somewhere I saw posts saying something about 'dont use fdwn', but I had no idea what it was (now, i think I know), and alao saw a post here where someone said they formatted their device and didn't even have an OS. (dont know how). So I was worried thinking maybe fdwn and reset allowed you to format ALL partitions or something. but apparentlu the reset button is just like 'soft reset' on winmo. Anyhow, thanks all. And thanks to who posted the stock recovery, in case it is ever needed (though I cant imagine. lastly, if this post format looks funny, it's because the reply box in this forum does not like my mobile browser. sorry .
just press the reset button or in adb after connecting to your computer reboot the tablet

Press the small button on the lower back side of the tablet that says reset

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

scottspa74

Jul 30, 2011
@zac, i honestly dont know if it's safe to format the drive via pc while the card is in the tablet. Oh wait, I must have done that myself, since I dont have an sd reader, but i probably did it with the card being in my evo plugged into pc (cuz I was using my phone for DL files, etc). In any case, I dont think the formatting went very well. When I plug 7022 in as usb drive, it actually shows up as E:/ and F:/ drives. weirs s#1t, huh? opening either drive opens a different location on the sd. One opens the file level the has the tflash folder, and opening the other drive opens a level that IS the tflash folder. I dont like it. ;) But, your question about how to know if you have CWM recovery, .....hold the back button, and press and hold power bitton til it boots to recovery.

zac

Mar 8, 2011
When I plug 7022 in as usb drive, it actually shows up as E:/ and F:/ drives. weirs s#1t, huh? opening either drive opens a different location on the sd. One opens the file level the has the tflash folder, and opening the other drive opens a level that IS the tflash folder. I dont like it.

Thanks for the reply:

I've read from here that MID - 70224G has an inbuilt SDcard which is what that -4G actually means the capacity of the interanl drive.

When it is connected to the computer, with an external MicroSD, the PC actually see both the storage devices.

I am very new to android and all this rooting so am having a bit of trouble.

Regards and thanks again.

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
thanks hahahaha I feel like an idiot ;) . I was just worried cuz somewhere I saw posts saying something about 'dont use fdwn', but I had no idea what it was (now, i think I know), and alao saw a post here where someone said they formatted their device and didn't even have an OS. (dont know how). So I was worried thinking maybe fdwn and reset allowed you to format ALL partitions or something. but apparentlu the reset button is just like 'soft reset' on winmo. Anyhow, thanks all. And thanks to who posted the stock recovery, in case it is ever needed (though I cant imagine. lastly, if this post format looks funny, it's because the reply box in this forum does not like my mobile browser. sorry .

In clockworkmod under mount and storage there is an option to format system

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

zac

Mar 8, 2011
Can somebody please help,

When I download the Step-1 file , rename it as update.zip and run it thru from the MicroSD in system updates it goes into recovery screen and I have the following screen..

Android system recovery <3e>

Android system recovery utility

reboot system now
apply update from sdcard
wipe data/ factory reset
wipe cache partition
change first logo

Where do I go from here ???

Is it apply update from sdcard ...

I did that anyway .. it is asking for the update file location which I found inside the sdcard folder and pressed the menu button

Screen Capture
---------------------

Finding update package
Opening update package...
verifying update package ...
Installing update ..

Install from sdcard complete.

---------------------------------------

Now it is back at the recovery screen and I have the same options as above starting with "reboot system now, and so on"

My question is did I do it right so far ... is clockworkmod installed already ?? and how do I make a backup ...

I don't see that option anywhere ..

Can somebody please chime in

Thanks

Regards.

Zac.

Oct 11, 2010
The renamed update.zip (dump recovery)&(clockworkmod) can be run from Settings/about device/updates/apply update from sdcard.

zac

Mar 8, 2011
That is what I did .. I did run the renamed (dump recovery) from settings/about device/updates/apply update from sdcard

What is the next step ??? and where can I find the clockworkmod file for MID -7022 ?? is it what I need to do next ??

According to the procedure by fun the next step is to do a back up and I cannot find a backup option ..

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
Can somebody please help,

When I download the Step-1 file , rename it as update.zip and run it thru from the MicroSD in system updates it goes into recovery screen and I have the following screen..

Android system recovery <3e>

Android system recovery utility

reboot system now
apply update from sdcard
wipe data/ factory reset
wipe cache partition
change first logo

Where do I go from here ???

Is it apply update from sdcard ...

I did that anyway .. it is asking for the update file location which I found inside the sdcard folder and pressed the menu button

Screen Capture
---------------------

Finding update package
Opening update package...
verifying update package ...
Installing update ..

Install from sdcard complete.

---------------------------------------

Now it is back at the recovery screen and I have the same options as above starting with "reboot system now, and so on"

My question is did I do it right so far ... is clockworkmod installed already ?? and how do I make a backup ...

I don't see that option anywhere ..

Can somebody please chime in

Thanks

Regards.

Zac.
IS the update.zip on the root of the micro SD card? I also got that same problem when i first did it, I made a folder called sdcard in the micro sd card an put the update.zip inside Which was wrong. It shouldn't be in any folders just inside the micro sd card.

Last edited:

delsolboyz

Jul 4, 2011
if you have done every correctly, you will see "dump_recovery.img" and "dump_proc_mdt.txt" at the root of your sdcard. Once you see this two files, then you can go to fun's site to flash clockworkmod recovery file its the same procedure as how you dump the stock recovery just renamed the file to update.zip and put it on your sdcard and update from sdcard. Good Luck

zac

Mar 8, 2011
yippey !!!! just got it done and made a backup. Thank you all for your help.

Regards.

grabspell

Aug 2, 2011
So Ive been reading all I can here and on xda forums about rooting my Mid7022. One guide I read seems to imply that I could lose HDMI function from installing clockwork recovery. Am I just reading this wrong or is it safe to install clockwork and root and keep my hdmi and touchscreen. Any advice would be great. Thanks. ;)

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
So Ive been reading all I can here and on xda forums about rooting my Mid7022. One guide I read seems to imply that I could lose HDMI function from installing clockwork recovery. Am I just reading this wrong or is it safe to install clockwork and root and keep my hdmi and touchscreen. Any advice would be great. Thanks. ;)
Installing ClockworkMod and rooting the tablet won't lose any functionality. it's Cyanogen mod 7 that will lose HDMI, Camera and some other functions but Cyanogen 7 is not necessary to root. Hope this helps

grabspell

Aug 2, 2011
OK thanks trickbiker I was hoping that was the case considering number of users using clockwork. I shall now root following the guide here thanks alot! :cool: