Clockwork mod recovery and cm7 working on the coby kyros 7022.

shiroken11

Sep 8, 2011
So... I've installed Clockwork & CM7 on my 7022, which is running well aside from the known issues (HDMI and Camera are N/A). But just to make sure I can recover this thing to factory settings, can anyone point me in the right direction to doing that?

I've followed Fun's instructions for getting to this point (this being my first attempt at rooting/modding ANYTHING). I have the backup recovery file made during the process as well as the boot.img and recovery.img found earlier in the thread.

What files do I need and what would be the procedure?

Many thanks! :)

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
So... I've installed Clockwork & CM7 on my 7022, which is running well aside from the known issues (HDMI and Camera are N/A). But just to make sure I can recover this thing to factory settings, can anyone point me in the right direction to doing that?

I've followed Fun's instructions for getting to this point (this being my first attempt at rooting/modding ANYTHING). I have the backup recovery file made during the process as well as the boot.img and recovery.img found earlier in the thread.

What files do I need and what would be the procedure?

Many thanks! :)

Just wipe data and caches and flash your backup. of stock rom

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

shiroken11

Sep 8, 2011
Just wipe data and caches and flash your backup. of stock romSent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum
I know how to do the cache and data wipes via Clockwork, but for flashing the stock rom would that be via ADB?ie: flash boot boot.img (or flash recovery recovery.img) I assume that's what you're talking about, but if there's a better way, I would be glad to hear it! Thanks!

nicholasa

Sep 7, 2011
What up guys I'm fairly new to the android platform, I'm a seasoned ios user, but I bought a coby 7022 like a month ago and searching forums I found this one which seemed to be one of the best so I joined. So I managed to root my tablets it was actually pretty easy. But I would like to know what's up with the cm7 thing is it a custom rom? What does it add that's different from the stock rom? I see its obviously not fully compatible with this table but like I said I'm pretty new to the android platform and this forums so thanks in advance for the into and for this sweet forum.

cheeb

Sep 10, 2011
Hey community..can someone post the ORIGINAL stock recovery that they dumped for the kyros 7022-4G...i managed to skip that step and would like to have that file on hand just incase I need to revert to my original stock recovery...any help would be truly appreciated..

shiroken11

Sep 8, 2011
So, I feel quite humbled... I was attempting things on my own, and wasn't having much luck... so I decided to use Clockwork to restore a backup it had made (which unknown to me was a backup of the stock system). So, now I'm back to stock ROM (and getting stock recovery wasn't an issue either). Thanks everyone for making my adventure in modding and rooting a good one! (I'll still probably go back to cm7 later... :p)

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
So, I feel quite humbled... I was attempting things on my own, and wasn't having much luck... so I decided to use Clockwork to restore a backup it had made (which unknown to me was a backup of the stock system). So, now I'm back to stock ROM (and getting stock recovery wasn't an issue either). Thanks everyone for making my adventure in modding and rooting a good one! (I'll still probably go back to cm7 later... :p)

I'm still hoping for more cm7 progress.

piratesscareme

Aug 15, 2011
Thanks for cm7. I have been using this for a couple of days now and it has been working great.

Sent from my Kyros MID7022 8K using Tapatalk

nvrnugh

Sep 10, 2011
HELLP!!!! was completing root and perhaps I thought it was just to easy but I never did see option for back up. so I completed all step again. Now when I try to get to recovery I get the device enter fastbood mode please connect usb to pc or reset device waiting....

I have reset and tried the renamed update files again and to now end!!! HELP!!!!

nvrnugh

Sep 10, 2011
HELLP!!!! was completing root and perhaps I thought it was just to easy but I never did see option for back up. so I completed all step again. Now when I try to get to recovery I get the device enter fastbood mode please connect usb to pc or reset device waiting....

I have reset and tried the renamed update files again and to now end!!! HELP!!!!

Okay so after much more reading I know what I have done. I put the 4k file instead of the 8k file the second time around. I have tried reinstalling the 8k file over and over but it still gets me to fastboot.

I have NOT bricked the it YAH!!! I can plug in the usb and it will get me the mass storage. I can turn on and off and it will do so without fastboot mess I got myself into.

I can't fix the try to go into recovery and only get fastboot.

Yes noob, idiot, hooray, any help would most certainly be appreciated.

I have installed Market, Netflix and all so I don't want to do anything that will brick my tablet. This is how I just came to buy the tablet this week :)