clockwork mod status 7

ucpro

Dec 28, 2010
i can't install any roms since i keeep getting this error, it says 'assert failed, some other stuff then it says (status 7) at the end. i have cw 3.0.0.5, and i've tried the new ud and cm7

Taurus

Jan 18, 2011
I'm having the same problem. I was trying to flash from phiremod v5 to the latest nightly yesterday and all I could get was this status 7. Anyone else experience this bfore and know how to fix it?

Edit: I was able to flash and new ROM by flashing Clockwork Recovery from another SD card and then flashing the new ROM from that card. Still don't know why I was getting that error though.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
It looks like you are trying to flash an ext4 ROM from and ext3 version of CWR. Try upgrading to CWR 3.0.1 which handles both ext3 and ext4 ROMs.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
try this procedure

copied from [USER] CM7 General Discussion thread - Page 2 - xda-developers modified it for my use

1) Download an ext4 compatible bootable SD recovery from xda-developers - View Single Post - [RECOVERY] EXT4 Compatible Bootable Clockwork SD Card 0.1 (+ tasty treats)
2) Verify that the download worked. md5s are at xda-developers - View Single Post - [RECOVERY] EXT4 Compatible Bootable Clockwork SD Card 0.1 (+ tasty treats)
3) Extract the .img for the .tar.gz
4) Burn the recovery img to an SD card as explained at NookColor Rooting - nookDevs
5) Download the flashable zip. you can get the nightlies here CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution

nightlies are daily code updates done by the CM7 team - it would typically have bug fixes, clean up, improvements etc..i would get the latest, see if it works for me and not update until i read other user feedback otherwise you'd be updating everyday :). Note that CM7 is now on Release Candidate 4 so this means they have a code that is close to final

6) Download the google apps from one of the links at http://android.d3xt3r01.tk/cyanogen/gapps/gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip
7) Copy the cm7 zip (nightly) and the google apps zip to the bootable SD card you created.
8) Unmount the SD card from your PC, insert it into your nook (assuming it is turned off).
9) Reboot into the SD card/recovery should read version 3.0.0.6.
10) Use the volume keys of the nook to step through the menu choices - go to mounts and storage, press the n button - under mounts Format system, data, cache.
11) Press the power key of the nook to go back to the previous menu
12) Select Install from zip
13) Navigate to the CM7 nightly zip and install it (flash)
14) select install from zip again and select the google apps zip.
Remove the SD card.
Reboot system.

now once you reboot wait a little for the blue CM7 logo, then you will see a green android logo - press it to start. It will ask you to log in with your gmail account - Skip this
accept the location prompt, then click on N and Settings and go to wireless - try to connect to your network, once connected, click on Market
in Market enter your gmail account info, and it will ask you if you want to download all the other apps (facebook, gmail, youtube etc..) just select all for now proceed

now since the release candidate (RC) is out, substitute that for the nightly mentioned above - so instead of downloaing from the link on step 5, use this link CyanogenMod 7.0 RC 4 Release Candidate for Nook Color available | Review Horizon for the release candidate

Update: if you want to add a new nightly, all you have to do is download the new nightly from step 5, and repeat steps 9 -14

ucpro

Dec 28, 2010
try this procedure

copied from [USER] CM7 General Discussion thread - Page 2 - xda-developers modified it for my use

1) Download an ext4 compatible bootable SD recovery from xda-developers - View Single Post - [RECOVERY] EXT4 Compatible Bootable Clockwork SD Card 0.1 (+ tasty treats)
2) Verify that the download worked. md5s are at xda-developers - View Single Post - [RECOVERY] EXT4 Compatible Bootable Clockwork SD Card 0.1 (+ tasty treats)
3) Extract the .img for the .tar.gz
4) Burn the recovery img to an SD card as explained at NookColor Rooting - nookDevs
5) Download the flashable zip. you can get the nightlies here CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution

nightlies are daily code updates done by the CM7 team - it would typically have bug fixes, clean up, improvements etc..i would get the latest, see if it works for me and not update until i read other user feedback otherwise you'd be updating everyday :). Note that CM7 is now on Release Candidate 4 so this means they have a code that is close to final

6) Download the google apps from one of the links at http://android.d3xt3r01.tk/cyanogen/gapps/gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip
7) Copy the cm7 zip (nightly) and the google apps zip to the bootable SD card you created.
8) Unmount the SD card from your PC, insert it into your nook (assuming it is turned off).
9) Reboot into the SD card/recovery should read version 3.0.0.6.
10) Use the volume keys of the nook to step through the menu choices - go to mounts and storage, press the n button - under mounts Format system, data, cache.
11) Press the power key of the nook to go back to the previous menu
12) Select Install from zip
13) Navigate to the CM7 nightly zip and install it (flash)
14) select install from zip again and select the google apps zip.
Remove the SD card.
Reboot system.

now once you reboot wait a little for the blue CM7 logo, then you will see a green android logo - press it to start. It will ask you to log in with your gmail account - Skip this
accept the location prompt, then click on N and Settings and go to wireless - try to connect to your network, once connected, click on Market
in Market enter your gmail account info, and it will ask you if you want to download all the other apps (facebook, gmail, youtube etc..) just select all for now proceed

now since the release candidate (RC) is out, substitute that for the nightly mentioned above - so instead of downloaing from the link on step 5, use this link CyanogenMod 7.0 RC 4 Release Candidate for Nook Color available | Review Horizon for the release candidate

Update: if you want to add a new nightly, all you have to do is download the new nightly from step 5, and repeat steps 9 -14

i thought having 3.0.0.5 eliminated the need to boot into cw from an sd card

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
You don't need to boot from an SD card, you can do it internally if you flash CWR there. You do need to use CWR 3.0.1 though as it is the most recent and will cover you for both ext3 and ext4 ROMs.