Closing Apps

Tom69

Aug 8, 2011
Most apps, such as Mail and Browser, don't appear to have anyway from within the app to close it when done - it just keeps running. I know there is an app that can be used to close any or all selected apps that are running, but is there a quideline that can be used to close most such apps from within the app itself?

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
for android this is not necessary - its got its own way of scheduling apps so if you jump into another app the previous app gets put either in an idle state or is shut down automatically. The app you are talking about is called a task manager and there are many different kinds - in the world of android it causes more harm than good - i would stay away

Most apps, such as Mail and Browser, don't appear to have anyway from within the app to close it when done - it just keeps running. I know there is an app that can be used to close any or all selected apps that are running, but is there a quideline that can be used to close most such apps from within the app itself?

Genkilljoy

Jul 29, 2011
If you are using the Galaxy Tablet 10.1 with it's new update it has a nice pop-up app that lets you close down everything that is running very easily.

Jun 29, 2011
If you are using the Galaxy Tablet 10.1 with it's new update it has a nice pop-up app that lets you close down everything that is running very easily.

I'm not understanding why Samsung did that. On Windows Mobile, yes but why on Honeycomb? Did they ask an average Verizon sales rep what to add in the tray or is there a need I'm not aware of?

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy