Cloud Storage

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Anything can access the cloud. All the cloud means is you have things not stored on your device.

chicobiker

Nov 10, 2011
There is a Pogoplug app too and Pogoplug also offers a free 5GB of cloud storage. I can access my local HDD connected to my pogoplug or the pogoplug cloud no problem.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I usually jst use ES File Explorer to access my Box.net and Dropbox accounts, it works great for this. I'll tell you though, when I signed p for Dropbox I think I got 2gigs of storage for free but Box.net informed me I have a 50gig free for life account. Pretty cool really.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

rprr

Oct 7, 2011
box.net with 50 GB free storage is amazing - they have an iphone app as well :)

I have a couple issues with the free version of box.net.
1. It does not allow you to upload multiple files and folders.
2. There is no desktop client.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I have a couple issues with the free version of box.net.
1. It does not allow you to upload multiple files and folders.
2. There is no desktop client.

The first thing I did with Box.net was upload a folder with a couple nested folders and about 50 files and there was no trouble at all, not sure what you mean.

rprr

Oct 7, 2011
The first thing I did with Box.net was upload a folder with a couple nested folders and about 50 files and there was no trouble at all, not sure what you mean.

Was this from your computer or from the tablet. It works from the tablet but I can't use the web browser on my computer to upload folders.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Was this from your computer or from the tablet. It works from the tablet but I can't use the web browser on my computer to upload folders.

It was from my tablet with ES File Explorer, so I'll have to give it a try on my pc. That could sure be a problem if that is a limitation. My Transformer comes with Asus Cloud Storage but it has been useless for the same reason, even from my tablet I can only upload one file at a time.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

rprr

Oct 7, 2011
I have been trying box today. It appears that I can upload multiple files but not complete folders. This is from my Mac OS X Safari web browser.

tspin818

Dec 17, 2011
Google Music is a great "cloud" app. And it installs easily from the Android app store. It lets you store your music collection on the cloud and play through any android device that has the app installed. I installed it on my desktop, followed directions and uploaded about 60 albums. They were instantly available for listening on my tablet and my phone. The best thing is that you can make them available on any device for offline listening also. I have about 500 songs uploaded, and it says you can upload up to 20,000 songs. All of your music purchased from the app store also becomes available through it. Awesome App.