Cloud Storage

stuartadair

Sep 23, 2011
Can anyone recommend a cloud storage company. My requirements are :-

• Photo's - 22Gb
  • Music - 23Gb
  • Other files (spreadsheets etc-2Gb

I need to have an automatic upload facility, so if a file changes on my device then it automatically uploads.

I also need to be able to download the files on a PC via a web-browser.

I dont expect anything for free and dont mind paying as long as the application actually works, is safe and resiliant.

Thanks
Stu

t.anderson

Dec 20, 2012
I think you have two best options to choose from. First is the 'box' and second is the 'dropbox'. Both are cloud storage providers. The box cloud storage provides you with 5GB online storage for free that will meet your requirements. For more space you need pay some amount which is affordable.

Last edited:

stuartadair

Sep 23, 2011
Hi and thanks for your reply.
I've been looking at both Box and Dropbox.

When I went onto the Dropbox website they seemed to be open and honest about the pricing at $9.99 per month for 50Gb. This 'feels' expensive though. The Box website tells me absolutely nothing about pricing which automatically makes me think that there's a con somewhere. If it really is 50Gb for free then that sounds good to me.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Not certain where you looked but pricing for Box seemed to be right there for me https://www.box.com/pricing/

I think you might want to try using more than one. I installed Box on a special deal with 50GB free space but I also use Cubby, DropBox and Google Drive. Somewhere near 80GB of free storage in all. Ultimately Box would be the best solution for your specific needs as far as I can tell.

Kerberos

Dec 5, 2012
With little effort (and little cost) you can change the 5GB free account from Dropbox to a 22GB account (go to fiverr.com and search Dropbox). I also signed up for Box.net with some referral link and got a 25GB free account, but I can't remember where the link was from, I'm sure you can find it.

That all being said, I pay for Google Drive every month ($2.49) and they increased my Gmail to 25GB and my Google Drive from 5GB to 30GB. I'm pretty sure to go from 30 to 55 is $4.99 a month.

liv2scoot

Aug 21, 2011
I was playing around with storage today. I have the 50 gig Box but I could not upload folders - just files. This is awkward. I guess I could zip the folders.
Wuala works the best for me and it does handle folders. 5 gigs for free.