Clustering tablets by similarity

zekitron

Jul 29, 2012
Is there any links or sites which use clustering algorithms to view the attributes of tablets as spatial clusters? This way it may be easy for example to see that one could use a driver for another tablet on another model due to the relevant parts being from the same OEM or similar enough in nature to be compatible. Thanks.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Is there any links or sites which use clustering algorithms to view the attributes of tablets as spatial clusters? This way it may be easy for example to see that one could use a driver for another tablet on another model due to the relevant parts being from the same OEM or similar enough in nature to be compatible. Thanks.

You're looking for a ghost. The drivers are a part and parcel of the operating system so you are unlikely to find discrete drivers for the components. It isn't like adding a peripheral to Windows.

zekitron

Jul 29, 2012
Does that mean if Eclipse editor is not seeing the device it is because that device did not come with drivers? Does that also mean it is impossible to send apps from the IDE on the PC to the device?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Does that mean if Eclipse editor is not seeing the device it is because that device did not come with drivers? Does that also mean it is impossible to send apps from the IDE on the PC to the device?

I'm not entirely certain what you are trying to accomplish. If you want to install an app that's on your computer you have umpteen different ways including mailing it to your tablet account, which is the easiest for me. The open the attachment and install.

But generally your statement about the driver is probably correct.

zekitron

Jul 29, 2012
I am working to test an app developed on the computer (in the Eclipse editor) and send it to the device. Building Your First App | Android Developers This is working fine when plugging a Samsung Galaxy into the USB. The app appears as an icon in just a few seconds after compiling on the PC. Being able to change a line of code, compile and see the result directly on the native device speeds development over emulator wait times. Eclipse may be the 'standard' to an extent and it appears Google may need to have software written or the manufacturer of the device must write software which enables the device in the view of the IDE as an alternative to running on the emulator. That is where my question is unclear. What is the name of the thing that lets the IDE see the Android device? Is one available or compatilble with the Zeki from another phone/tablet. Is it something that requires special knowledge to make as in each tablet needs very specific code to send compiled apps from the IDE on the pc down through the USB to be an installed icon on the Android device. Thanks!