CM 7.1 overclocking question

scottz

Sep 22, 2011
Please bear with my ignorance on this. I recently installed 7.1 to internal memory thanks to some help on this forum. I thought 7.1 included the OC kernel, but when I go into settings, I am only allowed to go to 925 mhz. Do I still need to install a kernel through CWR?

Thanks,

Scott

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yes, the default kernel allows you to go up to 925MHz (stock is 800MHz) but you need another kernel to go beyond that. Yes, you can flash the kernel from CWR per the usual procedure. :)

JP

scottz

Sep 22, 2011
I am still new at this, so please bear with me. I tried several times to flash this, and each time I reboot, I get a black screen and have to reload CM 7.1 .
I have tried install from SD, and update from SD under CW. What is the correct procedure to add the overclock kernel? I feel like an idiot, but at least I'm getting practice at installing!

scottz

Sep 22, 2011
Never mind, I've discovered the joys of ROm Manager and the CM nightlies......

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Well there you go :)

Keep in mind though that using ROM Manager isn't quite as reliable as flashing from CWR (despite having the opposite issue earlier), so if you get an error like a boot loop you might want to reflash whatever you are installing from CWR either internal or from a card and see if that corrects the issue before moving on to other solutions.

JP