CM10 Coby 9740

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
This is a port of Shaun2029's CM10 found here [rom] CyanogenMod 10 Tweaks - SlateDroid.com

This is based on Testing version, cm10_a10_20130328.zip.

The files and modules come from my 9740. You need to have cwm recovery installed and have a system larger that 300MB.

You need to have a micro sdcard, the internal sdcard doesn't work correctly, so I edited vold.fstab to make micro sdcard to be used as internal sdcard.
rotation doesn't work, games like temple run wont work as the sensor doesn't work.

You need to make a backup and factory reset before installing this port.

CM10_9740.zip

Credits Shaun2029

Last edited:

jmblouin

Oct 28, 2012
Slightly off topic: I would love to find a method to completely reformat the device. Or find a way to to resize the system dir so it has at least 500 mb. This would be helpful for both mid9740 and mid9742 users with undersized system dir (without using the sdcard) No response needed just sharing my hopes and dreams.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Slightly off topic: I would love to find a method to completely reformat the device. Or find a way to to resize the system dir so it has at least 500 mb. This would be helpful for both mid9740 and mid9742 users with undersized system dir (without using the sdcard) No response needed just sharing my hopes and dreams.

While reformatting the device would require livesuite, cache system swap should work just fine. Coby tablets have a cache over 500MB in most tablets, so switching cache and system means system would be over 500MB and cache would be 250.
Basically what size your cache is now, your system would be. Then cache becomes old system size.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
So can this be done at the software level, or does it have to be done by ripping apart the kernel?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
So can this be done at the software level, or does it have to be done by ripping apart the kernel?

Requires special built recovery, special packed boot.img and modified install script to install system to cache. The special recovery would have the fstab with cache and system switched (mount points) the boot.img would also have the mounts switched, the install script would just tell the recovery to install to cache partition as though it was system partition.

Pjstaab

Dec 14, 2013
Would it be possible to get later versions of android such as kitkat with it's low memory optimizations?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Would it be possible to get later versions of android such as kitkat with it's low memory optimizations?

You would have to either build it from source or port from similar tablet, I have no interest in doing it myself, but you can if you want.

Pjstaab

Dec 14, 2013
You would have to either build it from source or port from similar tablet, I have no interest in doing it myself, but you can if you want.

I'm no stranger to compiling but any tips for me? I see shauns repos haven't been updated for quite some time.