CM10 for Coby 8042

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
This is mostly done via adb if you have adb setup and working in recovery mode just type the commands or copy and paste them.

Wags

Jun 18, 2012
hello vampirefo, my tablet is 7042 goodix, i changed the system partition to 512mb and tried portimg cm10 crystian troy using boot from ainol aurora, everything works except wifi and audio, do you have a boot compiled whit drivers to 7042?sorry bad english

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Wags said:
hello vampirefo, my tablet is 7042 goodix, i changed the system partition to 512mb and tried portimg cm10 crystian troy using boot from ainol aurora, everything works except wifi and audio, do you have a boot compiled whit drivers to 7042?sorry bad english

My 7042 runs CM10, I just have no interest in uploading the Rom or continuing work on the 7042. I most likely will sell the tablet might bring a few extra dollars being the only 7042 running CM10.

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012

Your english is fine. How did you change the system partition size? Did you try Vampirefo's CM9 ? He has a googdix bootloader. I always wondered if the CM10 would work on a 7042 with a larger system partiton.

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
i use kitchen to changed partitions.anyway, i will try compile drivers.

The reason I ask is because if the system partition is too small, it won't load the full system. have you tried the df command in terminal ? It will list the system partition size and usage.

208Byerly

Nov 28, 2012
Vampirefo- I mounted /system and /data and they were backwards, so I typed in the unmount commands that you describe below and I get an error that says the directory cannot be found. However, I can still see that they are mounted when I look at Used Available. I am typing in the commands exactly as they appear below per your directions. Am I doing something wrong? Does something else need to be added to these commands?

the partition mount as /data should be larger than the one mounted by /system.

if /system partition is larger then umount both

umount /dev/block/mmcblk0p3

umount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

208Byerly

Nov 28, 2012
It shows both of them are mounted, but the /system mount is larger than the /data. The unmount command that you have in you original post is not working for me. I have typed it in numerous times without success, it just says that the directory cannot be found when I hit enter.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Just reboot into recovery again, this time mount correct data and system.

208Byerly

Nov 28, 2012
Vampirefo- Yet another problem...I got everything mounted in the correct places and installed the correct boot.img (p3 due to /data being there) and reboot and the "coby" screen pops up, but then it goes black (you can tell it is still on) and just sits there like that. I can still shut it off and reboot to recovery, but it won't boot up into cm10. Help would be much appreciated.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Vampirefo- Yet another problem...I got everything mounted in the correct places and installed the correct boot.img (p3 due to /data being there) and reboot and the "coby" screen pops up, but then it goes black (you can tell it is still on) and just sits there like that. I can still shut it off and reboot to recovery, but it won't boot up into cm10. Help would be much appreciated.

How long did you let it run? it might take a while to bootup, you should be running logcat during bootup to see if tablet is bootlooping or just slow bootup which is normal on first boot.

Last edited: