CM10 Thread Q&A

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
I tested it already. It is awesome!! But remember to edit the META-INF file first before installing the zip file if you are not planning to install superhansi's CWM, otherwise it will shows an error. I am gonna post this again on the comment section just in case people skipped this.

The script location is at the zip file: META-INF\com\google\android\update-script. Simply extract to somewhere you prefer and edit it with some text editor (The author prefer Notepad++ which I prefer as well :D). After you edit it, delete the old one on the zip file, and add your modified update-script to the same location. The code that you need to delete is "assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "a2109a" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "a2109a")", which is located at the first line. of the updater-script file.

Last edited:

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
Oh by the way Vampirefo, what else do i need to edit if I want to install this CM10 build to my sdcard (dual boot)?

Code:
show_progress(1.000000, 180);
set_progress(0.500000);
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk1p2", "0", "/system");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk1p2", "/system");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");

You show me this before, so I modified the code a bit and deleted the first 7 rows
Code:
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/APP", "/system");
package_extract_file("system/bin/backuptool.sh", "/tmp/backuptool.sh");
package_extract_file("system/bin/backuptool.functions", "/tmp/backuptool.functions");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/tmp/backuptool.sh");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/tmp/backuptool.functions");
run_program("/tmp/backuptool.sh", "backup");
unmount("/system");

but when i was trying to reboot into the CM10 ROM, it just reboot back to my old ROM with force close... Sorry I am really a noob and this is a bit off topic too... but can you teach me? :D :D

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
I tested it already. It is awesome!! But remember to edit the META-INF file first before installing the zip file though, otherwise it will shows an error. I am gonna post this again on the comment section just in case people skipped this.

The script location is at the zip file: META-INF\com\google\android\update-script. Simply extract to somewhere you prefer and edit it with some text editor (The author prefer Notepad++ which I prefer as well :D). After you edit it, delete the old one on the zip file, and add your modified update-script to the same location. The code that you need to delete is "assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "a2109a" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "a2109a")", which is located at the first line. of the updater-script file.

I thought this was only if you were not going to flash his new recovery?

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
The new recovery seems better. There are a few more options and it doesn't have the confusing blob folder that for me made it impossible to delete one backup at a time.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Oh by the way Vampirefo, what else do i need to edit if I want to install this CM10 build to my sdcard (dual boot)?

Code:
show_progress(1.000000, 180);
set_progress(0.500000);
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk1p2", "0", "/system");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk1p2", "/system");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");

You show me this before, so I modified the code a bit and deleted the first 7 rows
Code:
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/APP", "/system");
package_extract_file("system/bin/backuptool.sh", "/tmp/backuptool.sh");
package_extract_file("system/bin/backuptool.functions", "/tmp/backuptool.functions");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/tmp/backuptool.sh");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/tmp/backuptool.functions");
run_program("/tmp/backuptool.sh", "backup");
unmount("/system");

but when i was trying to reboot into the CM10 ROM, it just reboot back to my old ROM with force close... Sorry I am really a noob and this is a bit off topic too... but can you teach me? :D :D

You need to also edit boot.img mount points, I am currently running the rom and my kernel via sdcard.

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
The new recovery seems better. There are a few more options and it doesn't have the confusing blob folder that for me made it impossible to delete one backup at a time.

I am actually waiting for the newer version of CWM with the 4.2.2 CM10 build :D

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
I am actually waiting for the newer version of CWM with the 4.2.2 CM10 build :D

What do you do when you have more then one backup and then you want to delete one? On mcl's recovery it backs up everything in a folder named blob and there is no distinct way to tell them apart , at least not to me. The folder in backup with the backup name is not the whole backup. If you look in it you'll notice that every file is almost empty. In the new 6.0.28 or what ever version it is, this is fixed. So now you can rename and keep more then one backup and delete the whole thing. It also has a cool feature when you reboot system to not flash a new recovery in case there is one in the ROM you flashed like in the stock ROM. Not sure if it works cause IDK who would make a ROM with the stock recovery in it but its cool its there if you want to go back to stock and not have to reflash your recovery.