CM10 Thread Q&A

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Last edited:

ownjoouk

Feb 24, 2013
The kernel boots fine now but and makes cm seem more responsive but sadly my high pitch/ fast audio issue still exists.

Its like my tablet is on helium :)

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
The kernel boots fine now but and makes cm seem more responsive but sadly my high pitch/ fast audio issue still exists.

Its like my tablet is on helium :)

No the kernel wont fix the problem, the kernel just provides more power and smoother response, I don't have the sound issue. I am not sure why some tablets have sound issues while others don't.

Lets try an narrow this down.

Here is how I installed. if you installed differently please try the method I used.

download cm-10-20130320-UNOFFICIAL-a2109a.zip

extract cm-10-20130320-UNOFFICIAL-a2109a.zip, edit update script, removed the first line "assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "a2109a" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "a2109a")" zipped up META-INF, system, boot.img place on sdcard rebooted into recovery.

mounts and storage

unmount cache

format /system

format /cache

format /data

install cm-10-20130320-UNOFFICIAL-a2109a.zip.

reboot

I wonder if everyone with sound issues didn't edit update script, I know its gasping at straws but we need to get this sorted out.

Last edited:

ownjoouk

Feb 24, 2013
I did all of the above except unmount cache.

One other question while we grasp at straws.... Did you update recovery to the one superhansi posted? I didn't. Still on the old one. I know this shouldn't make any difference but you never know.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I did all of the above except unmount cache.

One other question while we grasp at straws.... Did you update recovery to the one superhansi posted? I didn't. Still on the old one. I know this shouldn't make any difference but you never know.

Yes I am using superhansi's recovery, however while running from sdcard I used a different recovery.

ownjoouk

Feb 24, 2013
Just as a test.... The video I look at on YouTube to test is:

Search for The Walking Dead

The first one is posted by MahaloVideoGames

Watch it and right at the start when there is talking its high speed.

I just want to make sure its not just certain videos which again is clutching at straws but worth a shot.

I'll update recovery later and try again but currently at work.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Just as a test.... The video I look at on YouTube to test is:

Search for The Walking Dead

The first one is posted by MahaloVideoGames

Watch it and right at the start when there is talking its high speed.

I just want to make sure its not just certain videos which again is clutching at straws but worth a shot.

I'll update recovery later and try again but currently at work.

I watched this one with no sound problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I tested it already. It is awesome!! But remember to edit the META-INF file first before installing the zip file if you are not planning to install superhansi's CWM, otherwise it will shows an error. I am gonna post this again on the comment section just in case people skipped this.

The script location is at the zip file: META-INF\com\google\android\update-script. Simply extract to somewhere you prefer and edit it with some text editor (The author prefer Notepad++ which I prefer as well :D). After you edit it, delete the old one on the zip file, and add your modified update-script to the same location. The code that you need to delete is "assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "a2109a" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "a2109a")", which is located at the first line. of the updater-script file.

cm10 kernels and scripts have been added to How to dual-boot via Lenovo A2109 thread.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Ok thanks :D

Oh by the way guys, superhansi posted a newer version of CWM and "bugfix" CM10 now. Try it and see if the audio problem is still there or not. :)

Hopefully this will fix the issue some people are having.

ownjoouk

Feb 24, 2013
Yeah I think the whole of d-h stopped working as I couldn't download anything. Getting em now to test.