CM7 and Adobe Flash

z71ping

Jan 24, 2011
I rooted my NC in February. I have been happy with the performance. My main reason for rooting it was to be able to download a good app for reading PDF's. I use it to store all of my Tech Pubs..I use QuickOffice and it works great for me. Sooooo now to my question.
I would like to be able to also run Adobe flash. With that said I don't want to mess with what is working great..but FLASH would be nice. I saw that the latest update from B&N has flash capabilities..but I really don't want to go backwards.
The reading I have done on CM7 sounds like this would be a next step for me...I would really like to know if it has the ability to run Flash.
Anyone running CM7 ...can you tell me!?
Rick

Tekara

Aug 27, 2011
Yes, with CM7 you can get the latest version of Adobe Flash straight from the marketplace and it'll work like a champ, even within the web browser if you're looking to watch online videos or play online games (though not really fast enough for many games).

z71ping

Jan 24, 2011
No Gaming here.
Just technical apps for now. I am running CM7 from my 8GB SanDisk class2. It seems to run fine.
I have a 16GB Kingston class4. So i backed up the 16GB uSD card and proceeded to install the generic-sdcard-v1.3.img using the WinDisk32Imager...just as I had done earlier with the aforementioned 8GB card.
Well,,,I am not sure what happened,but now my 16GB card is showing 117MB of total space...and I cannot recover it using the tool mentioned in another post..called Easeus partion mgr.
Primarily I need to regain the total space on the card and cannot view it while it is in my computer as G: drive from the Easeus program...any help would be appreciated.

Rick

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
No Gaming here.
Just technical apps for now. I am running CM7 from my 8GB SanDisk class2. It seems to run fine.
I have a 16GB Kingston class4. So i backed up the 16GB uSD card and proceeded to install the generic-sdcard-v1.3.img using the WinDisk32Imager...just as I had done earlier with the aforementioned 8GB card.
Well,,,I am not sure what happened,but now my 16GB card is showing 117MB of total space...and I cannot recover it using the tool mentioned in another post..called Easeus partion mgr.
Primarily I need to regain the total space on the card and cannot view it while it is in my computer as G: drive from the Easeus program...any help would be appreciated.

Rick

This is expected behavior when creating a bootable SD card. Your space is not lost it just isn't directly visible by your pc. The 117MB you can see is only the boot partition. Your Nook does see all of the remaining card space as free space though. There are two easy ways you can access this free space from the PC.

1. Plug your nook into your PC via the usb cable. If this is the first time you have done this it will ask you if you want to turn usb debugging on. Choose yes. Now your nook will show up as new drives on your PC and you can access all of the free space.

2. Use a wireless file sharing app like samaba. This will allow your PC to see your nook as a netwrok connected drive and you can wirelessly transfer files back and forth with all of the free space on your SD card available.

z71ping

Jan 24, 2011
Thank you, JP. That worked.
Just a quick note. I loaded the CM7 image on a 16GB uSD Class4 Kingston and also on a 8GB uSD Class2 Sandisk. The 8GB card blows away the 16GB. No hesitation's...smooth. on The other hand the 16GB even stalled and the system was trying to close programs because of no response...that is how slow the class 4 Kingston was... Any other experiences???

Rick

Tekara

Aug 27, 2011
Two reasons, first off, Sanddisk conservatively rates their cards while pretty much everyone else optimistically rates theirs. Second, most manufacturers focus on large block reads and writes speeds, that is the speed in copying a single large file; Sandisk is the only manufacturer that focuses on small block writes, the speed in copying lots of small files. When running an OS off an SD card, it performs a lot of small data moves, which means that the Sandisk cards will almost always run faster than any other manufacturer's cards, even the PNY class 10 cards.