CM7 Discussion Thread

razor950

Nov 25, 2010
I decided to make a discussion thread, I might move this outta technical section but for now it stays here.

If you are not busy and could help by testing, please drop by the irc channel today.
It's irc server freenode and irc channel #androidtablets or just click the link below.
freenode Web IRC (qwebirc)

I have another build of CM7 ready for testing and yes incase your wondering I don't own a S7.

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
I would like to help with porting CM7 to Huawei S7. I have a spare development S7. Where are we up to with this?

Last edited:

SikYou

Dec 25, 2010
I would really like to contribute to this effort but the IRC is dead every time a I stop by. I would like to see the kernel and vendor tree added to a git repo if one of you have time to upload it. Thanks

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
Dropped by the irc thread. I have an S7 available to test cm7. Pm me or leave a note here if I can help out. Currently running cm7rc1 on a nook color.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

SikYou

Dec 25, 2010
I too have an S7 for the cause and I have experience porting CM to other devices and building CM from source. The thing I don't have is a working, CM compatible kernel. I know there is one being used by at least a few people here but unfortunately there has been nothing posted for the rest of us to use. I have made several requests for the kernel and other useful things but have had no response. I have spent a ton of time floating in the IRC only to discover that the same 3 people are always logged in but never really there. So far I have a CM build that will flash and boot to the black screen that says "Android" on the right side but until I have a working kernel I am probably stuck there.

It is a shame that the development efforts have not spread on this device, hopefully the people whom have the kernel working will do something eventually. I have made a few attempts at compiling the kernel myself but have had little success. Good thing I have a Gtab and a Thunderbolt to keep me busy (-:

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
Very much so! This kernel is confirmed booting CM7 correct? I'll see what I can do.

i didn't try with CM, but i think you need kernel with vmsplit 3G to boot CM.

i manage to boot up gingerbread nexus one with vmsplit 3G, but it is useless without wifi/telephony and also missing some library.

SikYou

Dec 25, 2010
i didn't try with CM, but i think you need kernel with vmsplit 3G to boot CM.

i manage to boot up gingerbread nexus one with vmsplit 3G, but it is useless without wifi/telephony and also missing some library.

The kernel linked above has vmsplit 3g, I think. I'll confirm that here in a bit.

Sent from my GTablet

beenhow

Sep 29, 2011
i d like to test it for you. i have a s7 slim and i have a s7 site:Jerk. it is a great honor for me to introduce your s7 cm7 to a lot of s7 fans.