CM7 Fixed Video Playback

lschroeder

Dec 6, 2010
You should be able to flash the fixed Video Playback ROM to your emmc. It is now available at the OP of the xda thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=960537

I like my Phiremod v5.1 so I choose to put the fixed Video Playback ROM on a sd card.

I am also thinking that when the April update comes out, I would like to keep a rooted version of the B&N update in the emmc with an sd card version of Gingerbread, cm7. This will allow me to read newspaper and magazine subscriptions.

Details of the general procedure I used will be posted here.

Last edited:

lschroeder

Dec 6, 2010
Downloading now..
I found that my flash 10.2 is really smooth. I have tv tuners in XP pc with the Orb application. The flash 10.2 android playback of the tuners is silky smooth full screen with audio in sink from mycast.orb.com web page on my nook color. I have the user agent for Dolphin mini browser set to desktop.

I went to crackle.com. Visited my test movie 3:10 to YUMA. It is not optimized for mobile. It plays with some choppiness. But it is better then in any of my previous ROMs.

Last edited:

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Booted, still no market.. Odd. Can't connect to WiFi either, not even the hotspot phone sitting 4 inches from the NC. Outlook not so good so far.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Finally got it to hit my hotspot (that just sounds dirty, doesn't it?) and got looged in to Google.. Market is there now. Still won't hit my company's WiFi though.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Another thing I notice is missing: Button Savior (or even its lowly cousin, Soft Keys..)

Just booted up a fairly large version of Avatar and the video is smooth and perfectly sync'd.. Same video was very choppy and pixelated, not to mention about 3 seconds off on the audio, on Phiremod 5.1... I think I'm in love =)

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Just tried Youtube and it's, well, perfect, even in HQ.. One other happy sidenote: my previously completely useless Bluetooth is now working. yay! Also, I tried connecting to my work WiFi using my phone, and it can't connect either, so I'm not blaming that on this ROM.

Very promising so far, many thanks =)

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
installed this over nightly 31 - yes works as promised! smoooth video playback - in dolphin using either desktop or android user agent, youtue widget works great as well, locally stored videos play excellent

eghill1125

Feb 25, 2011
Is the video any better than what it is with Nookie Froyo. The video on Nookie Froyo seems to be pretty close to in sync. If it is better, then I will flash it, but only if there is a big improvement. I have found Nookie Froyo in the last few days and I like the better battery life on it. I may just wait for them to fix the battery before switching to this unless there is a good reason..

lschroeder

Dec 6, 2010
Is the video any better than what it is with Nookie Froyo. The video on Nookie Froyo seems to be pretty close to in sync. If it is better, then I will flash it, but only if there is a big improvement. I have found Nookie Froyo in the last few days and I like the better battery life on it. I may just wait for them to fix the battery before switching to this unless there is a good reason..
I am still having trouble with local video for mp4 players. I have not found a player that works using hardware decoding for mp4. yxplayer Neon syncs with mp4 but it software based and in action scenes micro blocks. I do have an sd card version of Froyo. I will go back and take a look at it later.

Edit: use the link to see my post 19 for the best solution so far

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...588-cm7-fixed-video-playback-2.html#post69053

Last edited:

lschroeder

Dec 6, 2010
I have been using a receiver through the headphone jack and bluetooth from my cyfi bluetooth wireless sports speaker. Both seems to buffer and stay in sync. Before hardware acceleration bluetooth cy fi with internet applications seemed to buffer a lot but stay in sync where the receiver did not buffer much but was out of sync.

I find that the TV Shows Stream (Lite) app seems to work really well.