CM7 Fixed Video Playback

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
in my nook yes it looked better than froyo .68 - however even if it was not as good, it is at the very least better than 'good enough' plus the BT support alone makes it a double winner for me

Is the video any better than what it is with Nookie Froyo. The video on Nookie Froyo seems to be pretty close to in sync. If it is better, then I will flash it, but only if there is a big improvement. I have found Nookie Froyo in the last few days and I like the better battery life on it. I may just wait for them to fix the battery before switching to this unless there is a good reason..

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
Score! Can't wait to get this dowloaded and running tonight! Just need to get this work thing out of the way...

lschroeder

Dec 6, 2010
Thanks to dalamchops over at xda for suggesting mobo as my player for local video!!!

In particular my mp4 file with Video: avc1, 848x480 and Audio: mp4a, 48000Hz, 2Ch, 153 Kbps work great with it. No other player seems even close.

I side loaded mobo_1.0.129_v7_neon.apk however it would not work until I changed Default Using Soft-Decoding to a check mark. It does seem to work the best. I might have to restore Eclair and compare. Easiest to play files by using File Manager.

When you launch it the skip is hard to work and next step button does not work, easier to use back in android bar at the top, then use the tool icon at bottom to set Default Using Soft-Decoding to on. Since VideoRedo TVSuite recorded the parameters and slower kbps rate the Soft-Decoding works.

Google mobo_1.0.129_v7_neon to find it.

Last edited:

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
I believe from CM7 previous experience you can just wipe the cache and nothing else.

Which build of CM7 is this built on?

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
I flashed without clearing cache or data and did not seem to affect much - unless the issue below is related

now i did a bit more testing with BT and video, in the past, connecting a BT headset improved video playback now with this new test rom, video playback is smooth until you connect the BT headset and then it stutters :(

When flashing this, is clearing caches sufficient? Or does data need to be formatted as well?

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
I flashed only clearing cache. YouTube works great. Flash videos from the web... not so great. Still choppy and mostly unwatchable. I'm going to upload a video from my desktop and see how that goes...

Progress nonetheless :)

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

jinnijinn

Jan 31, 2011
I flashed this, and as long as I don't use an OC kernel, I'm seeing near perfect replay of my movie files. My browser is doing a fair job with flash, but youtube is still pretty choppy.

All in all, this rom is a huge improvement. :)

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
Using a HQ h264 video was choppy, but better than before. Using a decent quality ffmpeg was nice and smooth.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk