CM7 not booting from card

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I took the CM7 card out yesterday as I did few times before if for any reason I need to go back to stock. And now when I put my sd card back in the slot and I press the power button, the nook wakes up and stops....it doesn' t want to boot into CM7. I tryed with another Cm7 card that I I have but it is the same. Anything I can try ?Gg

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I know this may sound silly, but did you power all the way down before removing your CM7 card? If you try and boot with out it can you boot to stock ok?

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
It's not that silly really,JP....I press and hold the power button until the screen gets dark but I don't know if it's really off because I don't get the box that says the nook is powering off. But when I press to turn it on, it just stop before the animation . When the card is out, no problem to go to stock.
Gg

Sent from my LG-MS690 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
How about before the card went bad? Did you choose to power off before removing the card? I'm not sure what happens if you remove CM7 bootable SD when it is sleeping but I'm sure it isn't good. I wonder if that might have corrupted the boot file.

I'm thinking you can sacrafice one of the cards and put fresh CM7 bootable on it. Once you do that you can probaly copy the boot files to the pc, then insert the other non-working card and copy them to the SD. Pop it in the nook and boot.

Last edited:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
The reason why I downloaded C m 7 on a second card is because the first sd card stopped working on the second boot so I decided to take it out and when I did I noticed that my nook was still on, so I figured I damaged the card and so I put it aside and I preepared another one. It took aa moment to fix few issues I had with the second card and when I did I wanted to see if I could fix them on the first card, which this time let me boot into it without problems.So I know that the caard doesn' t get bad even if you take it out while the nook is on. I want to see this girl who works with me and ownes a nook to stick my card in her nook....I have the feeling it's going to work. If it works it means that the issue is not the card but my nook and if so I have half a teory about it but let's talk about that later......now I have to prepare everything for my Birthday party !
Gloria

I HATE TO BE ON STOCK THOUGH!

Last edited:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I finally saw this friend of mine, who has a nook,I tried both my CM7 cards in her nook and both work fine.Why not so in my nook anymore?

Sent from my LG-MS690 using Android Tablet Forum

patgnds

Jan 26, 2011
Same thing happen to me. I had to replace the nook because of the screen. when then new nook came I was able to use the old sdcards.