CM7 on Kyros MID7125 - need guide/files

dbuffini

Oct 31, 2011
Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone has managed this -I've bee looking all over for info on how to root and flash the 7125 to use Clockwork recovery and CyanogenMod 7, but so far I haven't found anything specific to the 7125.

From trawling other posts I've seen people suggest using the 7022 guides, or just downloading the servicesframework and market apks, but neither of these has seemed to work very well for me so far. The 7022 guide almost got it stuck in brick land, and while installing the apks went smoothly and I was able to add an account its still quite limited and the market is constantly crashing.

Does anyone have any idea if there is a 7125 specific guide, or if a known good guide should work for this model?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
All Kyros MIDx125 are pretty new, so there isn't much info about it yet. From their specs they seem to share a lot with 7022, so that's why people generally direct MIDx125 users to tutorials about 7022. Maybe it's time to create a new area of the forum about 7022 and x125?

dbuffini

Oct 31, 2011
Hey Ifom,

Thanks for the feedback, its nice to know I'm not just imagining things :)
Is it possible to request that such an area be created, or just spark off some interest in others to get the ball rolling?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Someone needs to start a thread requesting the creation of the new forum area. One of the mods/admins probably see it and say if it's possible or not. After a while we were able to create a dev area for Kyros Gen 2, so definitely it's possible. ;)

dbuffini

Oct 31, 2011
Cool, I'll do that, thanks a lot!

And in the meantime, if anyone does manage to get it working please let me know :)

4bddn

Dec 27, 2011
i got my kyros 7125 on xmas...and rooted it yesterday :) i have rom tools installed, but when i select clockworkmod...there isnt an option for the kyros yet. any help?