CM7 questions

jandck

Mar 31, 2011
First I want to apologize, I’m sure these newbie questions get very old.
My husband is the one into rooting and all of that but he’s very busy with school and work so I’m trying to find some answers for him so I can have CM7 before I go out of town on Saturday. He’ll know more of the explanation than I will but I have tried learning some the last few days by reading these forums.

So we have a rooted Nook, he says there’s no rom and the launcher is apw or whatever the 3 letter launcher starting with a is. I really want flash since I’m going to be going a month without my laptop for this trip. From my reading I’ve discovered that CM7 is a good choice because it has flash as well as some Bluetooth capabilities. I need some help so I can show him this post and he’ll know exactly what needs to be done since he doesn’t have time to spend hours researching this himself.

1. Where does he need to go to download CM7 for the NC? And is that the new release that I read came out yesterday?

2. Will flash already be installed or does it need to be installed from the marketplace?

3. Will the market already be installed or does he need to sideload it (I think that’s the proper term? I think he knows how to do it)

4. Is there anything else he will need to know in order to do this or any good tips to get a good experience out of it?

Thank you so much for any help anybody can provide. I’m trying to help point him in the right direction but some of this goes over my head.

jandck

Mar 31, 2011
Thank you, going to read that right now.

We haven't used the Nook as an ereader so no harm there, thank you for informing me though.

jandck

Mar 31, 2011
Great! Confuses me a bit but I don’t think my husband will have any problems. You might have already said this in your post but is Flash 10.2 built in or does it need to be downloaded from the market? I really appreciate the link and the time you previously took to write that up.

jandck

Mar 31, 2011
Thanks so much! We were successful. It seems to be real laggy but I’m sure there’s a good explanation and it needs fiddling with or something.