CM7 Release candidate 4 posted

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
CM 7 Release Candidate RC 4.0 available on Nook Color - xda-developers

from review horizon:

"The Nook Color CyanogenMod development progressed faster than many thought possible bringing Android Gingerbread 2.3, Flash, Video hardware acceleration and more to Nook Color and contributing to its sales success (more than 3 million units sold by some reports making it the second best sold tablet behind just Apple’s iPad). Today marks an important achievement with the release of the Release Cadidate version RC 4 for Nook Color (code name Encore), a release that brings CyanogenMod 7.0 firmware even closer to a stable version.
To download yours, go to CyanogenMod website and enjoy it! The filename is update-cm-7.0.0-RC4-encore-signed.zip.

Update: I just installed the update on my Nook Color straight over one of the nightly builds (without clearing any cache) and it works really well, including YouTube with absolutely no stuttering. We have a winner!"

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Nice! Everything is coming together so well. it is exciting to see some final builds getting very close.

bluewhite79

Mar 21, 2011
Did they fix the sleep of death with this release?

I've been reading that CM7 can go to sleep and not wake up. I assume that means it requires a power off/on.

armyjeffries

Feb 23, 2011
Did they fix the sleep of death with this release?

I've been reading that CM7 can go to sleep and not wake up. I assume that means it requires a power off/on.

I have used CM7 since about nightly12, and have never experienced such issue. I'm not saying it doesnt exist, however, it is probably a fairly remote percentage, and possibly not an issue with the ROM, but conflicting something.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
flashed it - loving it - smooth youtube playback - website videos are lower frames but passable.

volume is a little low - on youtube videos, but that may be the videos i chose. still checking

not sure if sleep of death issue was resolved - we'll notice once we see how long battery life is

for those not familiar SoD is caused by the CPU entering a deep sleep state to conserve power but never wake up - CM7 keeps the cpu awake as a work around so CM7 users do not notice this even though the screen is off -so if you think you are in standby mode, only your screen is

I have used CM7 since about nightly12, and have never experienced such issue. I'm not saying it doesnt exist, however, it is probably a fairly remote percentage, and possibly not an issue with the ROM, but conflicting something.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
If I am coming from a non cm rom, can I wipe data and cache and install through internal 3.0.1 cwr?

sent from my rooted nook color

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Also are gapps included or do I need to install them separately?

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
google market is included and once you sign in to google market, you get the option to download the other apps - facebook,gmail, talk, voice, street view, maps etc..

Also are gapps included or do I need to install them separately?

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Thank you. I have it installed right now. My notification Widgets disappeared and I had to reboot. Its also is running choppy. Desktop Widgets are disappearing on start up. I did wipe data and cache before install. Ill give it a try but it is not running well right now. Maybe it has to settle in.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
one thing to do that helps shake out some of the lingering issues is go to rom manager, click on fix permission and then do a hard reboot - hold the power switch down until the nook completely turns off (ignore the query about turning off message that you get)

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
one thing to do that helps shake out some of the lingering issues is go to rom manager, click on fix permission and then do a hard reboot - hold the power switch down until the nook completely turns off (ignore the query about turning off message that you get)

Thanks. Running a little better now. Still not very smooth. I'll give it a try for a while.

Taurus

Jan 18, 2011
How do I install this if I'm running phiremod ROM? Can I just do a wipe and flash it alone are do I need to do it over another CM ROM?

Edit: I installed it just fine the other day. I was having problems that were unrelated to the ROM.

Last edited:

Hubman

Mar 2, 2011
Hi , running autonooter 3.0 + dalingrin oc 1.1 ghz . Can this be installed over it . CWR on microsd card , just wipe cache, davlick cache , format system , data ?

Last edited: