CM7 Release candidate 4 posted

stricknook

Mar 31, 2011
im getting really confused here. all ive done is to write deeper blue HC to a mirco card and have install - app market wont give me my apps though, and i am apperently clueless on what so many people seem to understand easily. would i be replaceing the honeycomb for cryomod7? and is cryomod a group of apps or by itself like HC. im having issues with differences and uses and putting combinations together like so many here seem to have. and do the root roms do/are better than the stupid hsn update that barnes and noble doesnt see fit to give to people who already own one, do i even need to care about it if im still trying to figure which/how to go rooted?

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
im getting really confused here. all ive done is to write deeper blue HC to a mirco card and have install - app market wont give me my apps though, and i am apperently clueless on what so many people seem to understand easily. would i be replaceing the honeycomb for cryomod7? and is cryomod a group of apps or by itself like HC. im having issues with differences and uses and putting combinations together like so many here seem to have. and do the root roms do/are better than the stupid hsn update that barnes and noble doesnt see fit to give to people who already own one, do i even need to care about it if im still trying to figure which/how to go rooted?

Not sure about Honeycomb on SD and apps... this thread is about CyanogenMod 7 which is a completely different ROM (ie Operating System). So not really sure what you are asking.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Not sure about Honeycomb on SD and apps... this thread is about CyanogenMod 7 which is a completely different ROM (ie Operating System). So not really sure what you are asking.

I think stricknook just got a little carried away and posted the same thing in three different threads. I answered the other 3. Hopefully now stricknook will do a little reading including the FAQ Complete Idiots Guide which was linked.

Nate Rules

Jan 14, 2011
So, when is this rom considered stable? Seems like it is almost perfect. I'm waiting to upgrade someones NC, I just don't want to do it offen.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
mad murdock's cm7 with tablet tweaks contain some of the bits that would make it to the stable release - i would say hang in there - if RC4 is worknig for you at the moment then sit tight - if you like to tinker, it is fairly easy to move back and forth assuming you've done the backups

So, when is this rom considered stable? Seems like it is almost perfect. I'm waiting to upgrade someones NC, I just don't want to do it offen.

priest2705

Apr 5, 2011
I'm a new user, and wanted to start off by saying thank you to everyone....this thread's been invaluable. I've had my Nook since just after Christmas. I bought one for my daughter, my sister and myself. Of course, there's are stock. Mine, on the other hand, is rooted and currently running CM7 RC4. Before that, I tried NookieComb and UltimateDroid. I wanted a ROM that was stable and runs YouTube. Unfortunately, YouTube isn't working. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong because the only thing I've done is install a few apps and go into settings and adjust my CPU speed to 600/ 800. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I'm a new user, and wanted to start off by saying thank you to everyone....this thread's been invaluable. I've had my Nook since just after Christmas. I bought one for my daughter, my sister and myself. Of course, there's are stock. Mine, on the other hand, is rooted and currently running CM7 RC4. Before that, I tried NookieComb and UltimateDroid. I wanted a ROM that was stable and runs YouTube. Unfortunately, YouTube isn't working. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong because the only thing I've done is install a few apps and go into settings and adjust my CPU speed to 600/ 800. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Try going into Titanium Backup, on the second tab scroll down to youtube and tap it then select wipe data and see if that helps.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Welcome Mate!

Try this TubeXL.apk uninstall the Youtube that you got from the market and install this one. It has always worked for me. Alternately if you view Youtube in the browser set the "user agent" to desktop and restart your browser.

The stock CPU speed for the NC is 800mhz so if you want a little more zip install Daligrin's oc kernal. Instructions and dl links available here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...m-manager-nandroid-backup-custom-kernels.html. Make sure you have the proper kernal for your current build. ;-0

After you reboot go to CM Settings> performance> cpu settings and crank it up to 1100mhz.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
in the unlikely case you haven't done so - download flash 10.2 from the market

Try going into Titanium Backup, on the second tab scroll down to youtube and tap it then select wipe data and see if that helps.

stricknook

Mar 31, 2011
hi again, okay the question as i can now better ask it was what the defining differances were between say my first contact with deeper blue HC4 and cryomodin general. somthing that i think is overlooked in most explinations.also know what CWR is and isnt,i had thought it was specificly part of another rom.am now on phiremod 6 and finding it difficult to go back.an example of my question=HC being pretty with out alot under it = phiremods has a vertical swipe drawer for things in the bottom bar, that can get pulled up while hitting space while typing, its frustrating.but the rest is simply awsome/easy to follow-ive learned a bit-auto/HC/DbHC/phiremod/CWR,erased a unit,and now im going for current CWR/scremfroy/cryomod7 grouping. so icm7 an upgrade to the phiremod combo i have now, the froyo which i havent done any of yet?