CM7 Vs. Ultimate Droid

sunshine333

Apr 13, 2011
I'm currently running CM7 Stable on my nook color. So far it's great. I've seen a lot on here about Ultimate Droid though, some people seem to love that. So far I don't find anything lacking with CM7, but I'm just wondering if I'm missing something on UD? What do people love about that rom that CM7 doesn't have?

twokatmew

Mar 25, 2011
I'm currently running CM7 Stable on my nook color. So far it's great. I've seen a lot on here about Ultimate Droid though, some people seem to love that. So far I don't find anything lacking with CM7, but I'm just wondering if I'm missing something on UD? What do people love about that rom that CM7 doesn't have?

I'd be interested in a comparison as well. I did some poking around yesterday, and I see that you have to buy a subscription to try Ultimate Droid. Kind of a bummer. I don't mind paying for something I'm going to use, but I don't want to fork over $$ till I can check it out. I know it's only $3 for the shortest sub, but I'm happy enough with my hacked Phiremod 5.3 that I'm staying put for now. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing some UD screenshots and a list of what makes it so great. :cool:

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
I've haven't tried CM7 yet but have ran all other custom roms. So far Ultimate Droid is my favorite for function, speed and lack of issues.

DeeMat

Oct 19, 2010
I used Ultimate Droid on my phone and can tell you that it is very similar to CM. My understanding is that UD charges for nightlies, but his final releases are free.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
haven't tried UD but as far as i know one + for CM7 is bluetooth support (works well with gps, not so well with audio headsets)
the other + is it is free + large community support

I used Ultimate Droid on my phone and can tell you that it is very similar to CM. My understanding is that UD charges for nightlies, but his final releases are free.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

twofourturbo

Mar 3, 2011
My brother and I both have rooted NC. I'm currently running the latest UD 3.2.5 and my brother is on CM7. We have been pushing both side by side trying to see what is better. Both have working Bluetooth and both internal rom settings seem to be very similar. With both roms on OC 925 and performance they were very close. Cm hit 1750 and UD hit 1800. Both have the menu and back button built into the notification bar. But cm pulls away with the option to move the notification bar from the top of the screen to the bottom. Along with changing the soft keys in the bar. You can allow the notificbar be available while in any app. Plus the option to hide the notification bar and have it return by setting up the volume key or any other key. Last but not least. CM seems to be very smooth while UD seems to lag in odd locations. So sure enough. I'm going to spend tonight backing up my apps and jumping boat to CM.