CM9 D2Pad

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
This has only been tested on 08 d2pad it might or might not work on 09 version.

Flashing any rom could cause problems, even bricking your tablet, you assume the risk by flashing this rom or any other rom.

This a port of my coby 8042 CM9 http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-3-development/46340-cm9-coby-8042-a.html

download CM9_d2.zip place on sdcard boot into cm recovery

under mount section

format system

format data

format cache

install CM9_d2.zip

if using micro sdcard remove before rebooting

reboot system

If you want full google apps, location and such

install http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

Once you get your tablet setup the way you want, and if you want the tablet to display D2PAD or what every else you want it to display.

use file manger set options to use root privilege, navigate to /system open build.prop scroll down to ro.product.model=novo7 replace it with whatever you want example.

ro.product.model=D2PAD

reboot

Last edited:

rhg135

Oct 26, 2012
These 08xxxxxx owners are lucky to have you, so far I can't even get a working recovery yet.

EDIT: nevermind, i got a recovery working and your cm does boot on the 09 but no TS any hints?

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
replace /system/vendor/modules with the ones from your version and chmod 644.

or just open the zip and replace them rezip and then install.

and replace the boot.img with your own.

Last edited:

rhg135

Oct 26, 2012
Nope, didn't work. I'll upload my CWM to the other thread in case others want to try.

EDIT: just replaced zImage did you mean all boot.img?

EDIT 2: whole boot.img works meaning the fault is in the initram.

EDIT 3: replacing the boot.img causes /data to be wiped every reboot so I merged the two init.sun4i.rc files and it seems to work

EDIT 5: nope that ruins wifi. logcat points to dhcpcd but it runs from cli and the non-formatting stock boot loses market, pointing to no drm.DrmService. I'm glad it's just a minor init issue I can fix.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Nope, didn't work. I'll upload my CWM to the other thread in case others want to try.

EDIT: just replaced zImage did you mean all boot.img?

EDIT 2: whole boot.img works meaning the fault is in the initram.

replace entire boot.img if you just replace kernel you have same problem. kernel reads init.sun4i.rc this tells kernel what modules to load, your init.sun4i.rc is mostly different than mine so you load different modules.

Last edited:

bleys2112

Nov 4, 2012
This has only been tested on 08 d2pad it might or might not work on 09 version.

Flashing any rom could cause problems, even bricking your tablet, you assume the risk by flashing this rom or any other rom.

This a port of my coby 8042 CM9 http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-3-development/46340-cm9-coby-8042-a.html

download CM9_d2.zip place on sdcard boot into cm recovery

under mount section

format system

format data

format cache

install CM9_d2.zip

if using micro sdcard remove before rebooting

reboot system

If you want full google apps, location and such

install Goo.im Downloads - Downloading gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

Once you get your tablet setup the way you want, and if you want the tablet to display D2PAD or what every else you want it to display.

use file manger set options to use root privilege, navigate to /system open build.prop scroll down to ro.product.model=novo7 replace it with whatever you want example.

ro.product.model=D2PAD

reboot

Thank you for sharing this... I am very eager to try it out. Come payday, I might just buy you a coffee! :cool:

BTW, I got my D2 specifically for in-car use (I'm fabricating a custom removable mounting) and I am toying with the idea of adding a GPS module "down the road" (pun intended). Will CM9 natively support usbTTY, or will I need to hunt down a separate kernel module?

Also, I am currently charging in my car via 12v to USB and feel it may be far easier to utilize the separate charging port instead once I add the GPS. Soooo, I'm going to try to get my hands on a proper charger that runs on a 12v system or just Frankenstein the wall adapter, not sure yet. Your thoughts?

Last edited:

rhg135

Oct 26, 2012
Cm9 I don't think has this, but id be glad to build the module.

EDIT: I think usbTTY is in most linux kernels & android kernels

Sent from my LGL55C using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

bleys2112

Nov 4, 2012
Cm9 I don't think has this, but id be glad to build the module.

EDIT: I think usbTTY is in most linux kernels & android kernels

Sent from my LGL55C using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Thanks... I would really like to know before I purchase any hardware. I am pretty sure that busybox can do modprobe, I think I can just start there because I am sure the answer is out there somewhere. I know my way around linux okay, but I am a little green with Android.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Thank you for sharing this... I am very eager to try it out. Come payday, I might just buy you a coffee! :cool:

BTW, I got my D2 specifically for in-car use (I'm fabricating a custom removable mounting) and I am toying with the idea of adding a GPS module "down the road" (pun intended). Will CM9 natively support usbTTY, or will I need to hunt down a separate kernel module?

Also, I am currently charging in my car via 12v to USB and feel it may be far easier to utilize the separate charging port instead once I add the GPS. Soooo, I'm going to try to get my hands on a proper charger that runs on a 12v system or just Frankenstein the wall adapter, not sure yet. Your thoughts?

I don't know, I would think so but I don't have any usb stuff to test.

rhg135

Oct 26, 2012
I think I have CM9 working on mine, not sure whether to upload. Also I'm working on a custom kernel and modules how about more cpu governors?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I think I have CM9 working on mine, not sure whether to upload. Also I'm working on a custom kernel and modules how about more cpu governors?

That's up to you, I like the default governor (fantasy), it gives the best overall performance for the allwinner processors, if you want to add different ones that's entirely up to you.

I guess all you need to upload would be the modified boot.img, seeing my CM9 rom booted up on your 09 version, that means your kernel can use my modules so no need in swapping out modules a simple zip with the modified boot.img would allow the 09 users to use my CM9.

Last edited:

rhg135

Oct 26, 2012
Got the boot working! flash this zip on D201209Bxxxxx: CM_d209-compat.zip

EDIT: in my opinion cm9 is great but I'm devving dRom so I can't run cm9 :( as i'm flashing back and forward

Last edited: