CM9 for Coby 8042

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013
change log
a few files removed, let busybox fill /system/xbin after install instead of before install, results smaller zip but once rebooted /system/xbin is populated.

What does this mean? after install must I do something with busybox?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
You don't need to do anything. All that means is I made the zip smaller, by not adding all applets, they are installed after the rom is installed via script, which is automatic.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Phone

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013
next I remember the first time I flashed CM9 at booting good but after CM9 bootanimation it all went black screen, hmm what can that be? video drivers ? I don't think that's the touch drivers heh? what are the names exactly?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
if you are getting black screen means your tablet isn't compatible with the boot.img, you would need to edit the boot.img and add your kernel an possible add your modules.

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013
if you are getting black screen means your tablet isn't compatible with the boot.img, you would need to edit the boot.img and add your kernel an possible add your modules.
Ahhh that's what I thought my stock boot.img is 32MB but CM9 boot.img is about 8MB !
Can you teach me how to or maybe if I can upload the necessary file for you to edit them for me?

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013
yes change the files just now going to upload the boot.img and bootloader.img for you in a minute.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
great!!!
ahhh and with what do you zip everything together?

Rename the boot.img and put it into the cm9 rom, this boot.img is to replace the boot.img that is in the cm9 rom, must be renamed to same name as current boot.img in the cm9 rom. Zip it up then install via cw recovery.

Sent from my Coby MID7065 using Android Tablet

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013
Confirmed repeat I Confirm CM9 is finally working on my 8042 !;)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh Vampirefo if you would be in front of would give you a big kisssss. ThankUUUUU Master all the credits goes to you!:D:):D Love yah
everything is working flawlesss have root access also!