CM9 for Coby 9740 + New Recovery

riponfats

Mar 2, 2013
everything went smooth on mine and seemed to work fine except for the screen being upside down. Is there an easy fix to this? No biggie if there isn't, the recovery worked and I have a more useful phone now anyway.
Also has anyone noticed screen twitching, audio popping and general lag between the two on this cheap p.o.s.?

paulwalter824

Oct 17, 2013
everything went smooth on mine and seemed to work fine except for the screen being upside down. Is there an easy fix to this? No biggie if there isn't, the recovery worked and I have a more useful phone now anyway.
Also has anyone noticed screen twitching, audio popping and general lag between the two on this cheap p.o.s.?

My screen was correct after installing the mod, but i did have to go into the system settings and turn on the auto rotation and i noticed that the zero degree, the 90 degree , and the 270 degree boxes were all checked but the 180 was not so I checked it and with the autorotation on it will switch to what ever I want,
I remember reading somewhere else on the forums that some of them ship with the screen installed backwards so you have to turn on 180 degree to get it to display correctly you could try turning on 180 and turning of zero that might force it to be correct

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Yes some tablet screens are installed upside down, usually it's the 9742, but with Coby it could be any model.

Sent from my Coby MID7065 Android Tablet

jpdesuasido

May 29, 2014
Hi guys.

Enjoying CM9 on my Coby KYROS MID9740 :).
OP can you remove the "Bluetooth" option in the settings? And why my navigation bar disappears when I open some apps like camera? I see in the settings that there is an option to disable auto hide when the app is full screen but it is already disabled. Can anyone help me?

jpdesuasido

May 29, 2014
And by the way,

YouTube doesn't works on CM9. It always says,

There was problem while playing, touch to retry.

I try watching different kinds of videos, no luck.

Any suggestions?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
No, if you google you will see this is a common problem for some but not for others. I get problem on weak wifi signal on good signal I can use youtube no problem.
I use cm10, not that it matters.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A ICS Android Tablet

jpdesuasido

May 29, 2014
Hi sir.

Is the CWM recovery you provided in the thread can use ADB? I mean does ADB work if I am on your CWM port?

Thanks in advance.

jpdesuasido

May 29, 2014
Weird. ADB doesn't work on my tablet when I'm on CWM. I installed Coby Gen3 PC drivers and still I don't have access while on CWM recovery.

jpdesuasido

May 29, 2014
Just tested the recovery, as stated adb works in recovery, I only use Linux so no ideal about windows drivers,

Hi I have a question. (Sorry for having too many question :(.)

Can I use the META-INF of this CM9 and use it as a flashable zip?. I mean this is related to StockROM. Can I extract the system.tgz of the dumped ROM and put the system folder on my newly created zip file with the META INF of CM9? Will it work ?:confused:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Hi I have a question. (Sorry for having too many question :(.)

Can I use the META-INF of this CM9 and use it as a flashable zip?. I mean this is related to StockROM. Can I extract the system.tgz of the dumped ROM and put the system folder on my newly created zip file with the META INF of CM9? Will it work ?:confused:

I don't do that, so can't say, I write my own META-INF based off of the dump I am using, a dump built correctly has symbolic links in it, that needs to be written correctly or one can loose stuff like wifi and so on. a dump if built correctly is designed to be installed via adb command line, not just opened and dropped into a zip, this may or may not work, just not how I do stuff.

jpdesuasido

May 29, 2014
I don't do that, so can't say, I write my own META-INF based off of the dump I am using, a dump built correctly has symbolic links in it, that needs to be written correctly or one can loose stuff like wifi and so on. a dump if built correctly is designed to be installed via adb command line, not just opened and dropped into a zip, this may or may not work, just not how I do stuff.

Yeah. Major problems.

And is it really important to be in CWM recovery while recovering System Dump? I can't really do nothing cause ADB can't recognize the device :mad: