CM9 mid8048

DaSnOoTeRKiNG

Nov 26, 2012
I am posting this here instead of my original development because at this point I am calling on other enthusiasts, hackers, and developers that own a Mid8048 to help. I myself am not a developer rather someone with no formal education what-so-ever in computer science; rather just hours and hours of eye-gauging, hair-pulling, face-palming time spent in my pc chair scouring android threads and googling.

At this point I found some sources on the web and even on this site and have started piecing together a device tree; I have even been able to make bacon and produce a flashable zip file.....

Now having said that the best I have been able to do is produce a cm9 bootloop as seen here
and that is only after restoring the original boot.img through recovery...
of course I tried to catch the error through dmesg but am running into permission errors. Maybe there is away to set the perms in the boardconfig and build su in?

So what is next? Not sure that is why im starting this thread calling on bigger brains than mine... here is what i have thus far http://goo.gl/hZFP6 dont be shy someone help so we can boot this **** :)

Last edited by a moderator:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I would just work on adb for now.

adb shell

logcat

let run for few minutes then unplug tablet you can redirect output to text file if you want, I don't I read from terminal.

DaSnOoTeRKiNG

Nov 26, 2012
I would just work on adb for now.

adb shell

logcat

let run for few minutes then unplug tablet you can redirect output to text file if you want, I don't I read from terminal.

thanks i will try but not tonight i appreciate all your coop im a noob just pulling strings together could really use the help

DaSnOoTeRKiNG

Nov 26, 2012
nobody huh? oh well i have limited time but am working when i can.... couldnt get a log cat so the error is even before adbd initiates

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
nobody huh? oh well i have limited time but am working when i can.... couldnt get a log cat so the error is even before adbd initiates

logcat should work, most likely you need to wipe data, anytime android boots far enough to load data it will stop logcat, so each boot you need to wipe data.

I recommend you put the this on sdcard, partition sdcard for system and data, run from sdcard, that way you don't damage your internal partitions while testing your build. Once you get it setup on sdcard, before each boot, go into recovery then use adb to mount /data partition the one on sdcard not internal data.

rm -r /data/*

do this each time before booting, and you should be able to get a reading from logcat.

UtCollector

Jun 7, 2012
Nice thread. I´m trying to get almost exact device running cm9 just like you. The Tom-Tec 7 excellent i have. I think you know that one.

Try this for you´re logcat:
adb logcat *:E, *:W > errandwarn.txt

Start the command when the animation starts. The log will be in home dir.
You could put the logcat on here: Pastebin.com - #1 paste tool since 2002!
This is mine last logcat: [Java] LogCat Telechip ICS - Pastebin.com

About logcat: [Tutorial] How To Logcat - xda-developers

What type of java do you use? The open java version ore the other one?
My self i dont use the open jave version for now.

DaSnOoTeRKiNG

Nov 26, 2012
Nice thread. I´m trying to get almost exact device running cm9 just like you. The Tom-Tec 7 excellent i have. I think you know that one.

Try this for you´re logcat:
adb logcat *:E, *:W > errandwarn.txt

Start the command when the animation starts. The log will be in home dir.
You could put the logcat on here: Pastebin.com - #1 paste tool since 2002!
This is mine last logcat: [Java] LogCat Telechip ICS - Pastebin.com

About logcat: [Tutorial] How To Logcat - xda-developers

What type of java do you use? The open java version ore the other one?
My self i dont use the open jave version for now.

mate thats ur git files for the tt7 but you know that lol ;) anyways im using jdk 6 from launchpad i believe

pmb1903

Nov 16, 2012
has there been an further development for this rom? It seems to be the only cm rom out for this device. I'm rooted with stock recovery and I would like to install clockwork recovery if there's one available.