CMP738b Is there a clean dump of this?

iMack

Dec 7, 2011
Ok, thanks for all the info.

One final question. Will this effect the apps on my internal memory? eg: should I move them to my main SD card before updating?

m3red

Oct 19, 2011
it will delete what ever you have on it now. Make sure you rename the file to update.img and put it on a clean SD card. Then if it doesnt read it when it boots up click the SD card out and put it back in. It works and runs way better with android market. Iv been downloading stuff and playing with it.

iMack

Dec 7, 2011
That's all I needed to know. Thank you. I'll post back after I'm done with the process.

GREAT SUCCESS. Thanks for all the help, guys.

Last edited:

rbinc

Dec 7, 2011
I cannot connect to WIFI after the flash. WIFI says "Error". Tapping it says "Turning WIFI On", but then goes back to error. No networks show available, even right next to the AP. Is this coincidental or an issue with the flash? Guess I can go back to original to see, but any help is appreciated. Thanks!

DJ_

Dec 6, 2011
I cannot connect to WIFI after the flash. WIFI says "Error". Tapping it says "Turning WIFI On", but then goes back to error. No networks show available, even right next to the AP. Is this coincidental or an issue with the flash? Guess I can go back to original to see, but any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I did not have any problems with my wifi after updating with Flushs image. Sorry to hear that you did. I have a Netgear N300 wireless router. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

DJ_

Dec 6, 2011
Thanks! I notice in your first post you said to rename the file "Upgrade.img" and in your next you said "Update.img". Which is correct or does it matter?

And this roots with AM installed but changes nothing else?

rbinc, thanks for picking up my mistake. As others have said it is "update".

DJ_

Dec 6, 2011
If anyone has questions on updating their Craig 738b, they can go the Craig site and look at the information for the 738a upgrade. the site is at D[/B]]Craig Electronics Inc.O NOT USE THE 738A DOWNLOAD FOUND ON THIS SITE. USE THE FLUSHS AND RENAME IT TO "UPDATE.IMG"

rbinc

Dec 7, 2011
I did not have any problems with my wifi after updating with Flushs image. Sorry to hear that you did. I have a Netgear N300 wireless router. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Reverted to the original and same problem. Doesn't look like it had anything to do with the flash. hardware failure. Back to Rite-Aid for another unit.

DJ_

Dec 6, 2011
Reverted to the original and same problem. Doesn't look like it had anything to do with the flash. hardware failure. Back to Rite-Aid for another unit.

It's good to hear that you can reverse the update. Please let us know how the new system works.

m3red

Oct 19, 2011
Yeah it sounds like a hardware problem. But i have had that problem before where it would said error connecting to a WiFi network. But a reboot fixed it.

rbinc

Dec 7, 2011
It's good to hear that you can reverse the update. Please let us know how the new system works.

Restore to the original dump posted above was almost as easy as the new flash. Got stuck on reboot calibrating the screen with force closes, but after two boots, it settled back down and was just like out of the box.

Rite-Aid has had several returned for the same issue, so the hardware WIFI radio must have issues. Just plugged in the new one to charge; these are absolutely dead out of the box. Will stress test WIFI this time with the three networks available here and then flash again.

For a hundred bucks, this would appear to be a device with potential, provided one uses a good root FM app to manage apps to the SD. Screen sucks and resistive touch takes more technique than capacative, but for $100, not bad at all.

m3red

Oct 19, 2011
For $100 i love mine. It comes in handy when im at the hotel and airports. I'm going to get a nook color to play with too. But ill still keep my CMP738B.. I like to much to give it up.

vdubbus77

Nov 29, 2011
THANK YOU!!! . I downloaded the "Flushs.imp", renamed it to "update.img", put it on an sd card, inserted the card, powered on and the Craig did the rest. All worked gr8 on my CMP738b. I now have market working. Now I have a tablet worth keeping. Once again Thank you.

No problem. But, ALL the hard work was done by Shad and Flush. I just repacked those Roms with the 738B stock rom.

Also the 738Brooted Rom is Shad's 2.1 Rooted Rom with working market.

Last edited:

m3red

Oct 19, 2011
Should make a New Thread to for the New CMP738B ROM..

Its works great and very clean looking. :)