Coburn Kyros Touchscreen problem.

Zawaser

Apr 19, 2011
Hey I have a Coby Kyros MID7015a tablet. I had it rooted with the google apps package installed and wanting to be able to play angry birds I tried the graphics fix. I had downloaded the watery kyros 1.2b I believe (a mistake I now see) and after applying it my touchscreen was unresponsive. I then notcied the universal fix and applied that and now the touchscreen, no matter where its pressed, hits the volume up button. I did a factory reset but to no avail. I'm new to the whole are of hacking and have no idea what to do now. Help me please!

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Android Tablet Forum

WhiteWhiskers

Mar 11, 2011
A factory reset just formats the data partition, so that wouldn't help fix your problem. I believe the watery kyros patch also applies a modified build.prop file. Shouldn't have messed up the touch screen though but obviously it did. You can either use ADB to pull off the build.prop file, edit the LCD density value back to 240, push it back on, and hope that works.

Another solution if you are really stuck is to download the update.zip file that restores the Coby back to factory ROM. You install it with ClockWorkMod. It blows away the rooted and ClockworkMod so you would be back to the very beginning. I'll let you search for the thread that has the link to the update.zip that restores to factory ROM.

Zawaser

Apr 19, 2011
Ya I figured the update.zip would fix it so I tried applying it however I get an error I'm not sure what it is but ill try it again and tell you what it says. Thanks!

Zawaser

Apr 19, 2011
Alright I got it working :) Found a modified update.zip on XDA I think which worked and the touchscreen works again. Thanks for your help anyways!

wongpek

Aug 15, 2011
Alright I got it working :) Found a modified update.zip on XDA I think which worked and the touchscreen works again. Thanks for your help anyways!

i am having the same problem. can someone give me the link for the original update file. thanks