Coby 1125 Reboots Into Recovery

ymitchell7

Oct 17, 2012
I took a chance and upgraded to Jelly Bean from rooted stock rom. I installed CWM 4.0.1.5 and now my tablet reboots into CWM recovery and won't let me scroll through or pick any of the options. It is stuck on "Reboot system now" and the volume buttons do not work. If I choose the reboot system now, the tablet reboots right back into CWM and does the same thing over and over again. I have tried the reset button, all other buttons on the tablet (Home, Back, Menu) but it boots right back into recovery. I can't get into the system or access the SD card.

I also get these errors:
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

My PC doesn't recognize the tablet and I can't find the drivers for it, I have been looking all day. I am hoping that someone can please help me fix this.
Thankx in advance!

Last edited:

donnasbrt1

Nov 18, 2012
I took a chance and upgraded to Jelly Bean from rooted stock rom. I installed CWM 4.0.1.5 and now my tablet reboots into CWM recovery and won't let me scroll through or pick any of the options. It is stuck on "Reboot system now" and the volume buttons do not work. If I choose the reboot system now, the tablet reboots right back into CWM and does the same thing over and over again. I have tried the reset button, all other buttons on the tablet (Home, Back, Menu) but it boots right back into recovery. I can't get into the system or access the SD card.

I also get these errors:
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

My PC doesn't recognize the tablet and I can't find the drivers for it, I have been looking all day. I am hoping that someone can please help me fix this.
Thankx in advance!

Check this thread

you need telechips driver and adb to gain acess to the coby , after that you can flash pad with recovery img , once done super one click can root it for you ,

if you are booting to recovery at least its not bricked

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...s-coby-kyros-1125-firmware-flash-img-etc.html

and this one , fifth post down

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...al/29673-h-e-l-p-mid1125-stuck-coby-logo.html

you might try button combo during restart ( if you have not already that is ) good luck

gamazz

Nov 7, 2013
i had the same exact thing happen. i'm not an advanced user so i'm not sure how to do this or where to get the drivers etc. could someone help?