Coby 7015 ethernet

Vernon17

Sep 6, 2010
Because of the weak wifi radio in the tablet i have been wondering if it is possible to use a USB ethernet adapter?
Every USB device had to have a driver and I dont imagine there would be one for Android?
I am tired of having to reconnect the wifi everytime i want to visit a new page on the internet.

thoughts?

willber

Jan 9, 2011
I have heard others say the Wi-Fi is weak but I do not experience that. Are you B or G band wireless? I'm using G band and it has never dropped out. Also the wireless router antenna design may have an impact on reception. One , two and three antenna types are out there. Mine has three.
Can you reposition the router? At these high frequencies, try to keep as little mass (walls) between the tablet and the router.

Vernon17

Sep 6, 2010
I have had the connection issue in the same room as the router with no physical obstructions between the tablet and the router.
We have 3 laptops here all using the wifi. they work fine.
We have 3 phones that can use the wifi and they work fine.
I should be greatful that I can connect at all.
I looked for an issue with the battery thinking that the unit shuts off the wifi after 30 seconds or so but I when I check the wifi it always tells me that it is connected.
At work we use the Cisco network with the Aironet 1200 wifi APs. I never have an issue there.
This router is only 1 antena and I have noticed that it has a poor range.

willber

Jan 9, 2011
well if you want range, two or three antenna is the way to go. I believe the multiple antenna will give you full diversity (antenna switching) capability.
My router (D-Link DIR-655 (forget the USB connection on this it doesn't work)) is in the basement at the far end of the house and can be upstairs in the front of the house and I'm still good to go.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Unless there is an integrated Ethernet adapter, you will likely not find a USB Ethernet adapter to work. Remember these words "A tablet is NOT a PC" The drivers for those usb ethernet adapters depend upon drivers. And unless the tablet manufacturere decided to include it in their build, it will likely not work.

Some Tablets have notoriously weak signals. The answer is Better router antennas or multiple Antennas. Some antennas will give a +10-15dB boost which is enough to provide signal easily 100M away.

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
I haven't had any problem with my WiFi. I have a Netgear b/g/n router.

wagadesa

Jan 15, 2011
The Coby MID7015 definitely has weaker wifi receiver than most tablets. However thos swme tablets costs 2 to 4 times the cost of the Coby. With that said I am happy with the Coby MID7015 overall.

My only gripe is battery life but that can last a full day with light use so not a deal breaker for me.

Sent from my MID7015 using Tapatalk

Cheechong

Jan 19, 2011
I don't remember where i found this image, I found it for free and will share it for free.

Attachments

• $WiFi Antenna Booster.jpg
    $WiFi Antenna Booster.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 4,162

Trauma

Dec 12, 2010
I have used that homemade wife extender thing in the past, and if built properly, works wonderful. I was really impressed with the performance of it. Although i used it on a dual antenna router, m connection status did noticably improve. Best thing is, its FREE, and cant hurt.

mdparent

Jan 4, 2011
I have used that homemade wife extender thing in the past, and if built properly, works wonderful. I was really impressed with the performance of it. Although i used it on a dual antenna router, m connection status did noticably improve. Best thing is, its FREE, and cant hurt.

LMAO...... He said "wife extender"........ so f' ing funny.:)

webb6869

Jan 25, 2011
Looking for a way to connect my Coby to the internet via ethernet. Wireless works, but I am updating my network to N band. Any help is welcomed. Thank You :p

owebb447

Feb 24, 2011
Thanks, my main concern is that I will beable to use my laptop, PS3, and Netflix Streamer (all wireless and N band) on the N router also the Coby (G band).

Vernon17

Sep 6, 2010
With my tax refund money I purchased a Linksys router. I have had no connection issues since I switched.
Beware that a router of the Smc barracade branding might have issues with the widow NIC found in the kyros7015

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App