Coby 7015 link2sd, ext2 partition not found

lcmartin

Mar 22, 2011
To load applications into SD I have installed link2SD which requires a second ext2 partition on SD.

My tablet is rooted and I have tried two different ways to create a recognizable partition, using MiniTool partition wizard and using Ubuntu, in both cases the partition was created succesfully but was not recognized by the tablet.

In fact once partitioned any of both partitions was recognized.

Link2SD displays a message saying thet the partition not found.

The SD is a Kingston 16 gb class 2

Have somedody had success installing Link2SD on a Coby Kyros 7015?:confused:

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
You're going to have to try partitioning the /nand mount.
from this point, I am not responsible for anything that happens to your tablet
Connect the tablet to your PC.
Select internal storage from the notification area.
On the pc, in a terminal, run 'sudo umount /media/disk' (or wherever it mounts it)
Use your partitioning tool to repartition the still connected nand.
Run mke2fs on the new partition.
Format the other partition fat32

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

lcmartin

Mar 22, 2011
Thanks for your help, I'm new in the world of Android.

My understanding is that one of the problems with Eclair is that the applications are being loaded into the internal memory, very limited in space, and not having the option to install it or move it to de SD card.

As I knew that using Froyo that is possible (my samsung phone is running under Android 2.2), I have searched for an application that may allow it for Eclair.

I ended finding Link2SD, this application is taking advance of the space in the SD but requires that the SD (and not the NAND) has to be partitioned.

Users that install it have declared that the application is excellent, that including android phone users (I assume more limited than a Tablet).

So I wonder if I have to apply some instruction to my Tablet to allow the recognition of the partitioned SD.

To be honest, I'm not sure about the meaning of NAND (as far I understand it is the interal memory) , but with your warning about a potential damage I'm scared to intent it, specially if the issue (as I understand) is just with the SD.

Do you know a different way to increase the capacity to install applications in a Eclair enviroment?.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
The 2.xx GiB if storage in the kyros is mounted as /nand. The warning is a standard "you are making the decision to modify your tablet, I'm not responsible for your decisions" disclaimer.
The kyros has /nand mapped to take the place of /sdcard for some reason...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
The link2sd dev is pretty responsive. If you PM him about the problem, he might be able to assist.

enotar

Jul 25, 2010
So any news on this issue,
I have the X5A-G that have the same issue, I really like to partition /nand and have it as SD-Ext

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Someone just has to experiment with the scripts so that the point to the correct mounted locations.

There is also a method out there to repartition the internal flash memory of TCC8902 devices. I never bothered with figuring it out though. Someone needs to look into FWDN.

enotar

Jul 25, 2010
Someone just has to experiment with the scripts so that the point to the correct mounted locations.

There is also a method out there to repartition the internal flash memory of TCC8902 devices. I never bothered with figuring it out though. Someone needs to look into FWDN.

I can do this but already tried repartition /nand with FDW and it didnt work out.Maybe missing Nand_data.fai
I'll try with ADB but we need to create another ext2 ext3 or fat32 500 mb partition and bind to SD-Ext
Little complex for me but will try
If you have some idea please comment.
I really want to make this, that would be awesome!

Edit: could resize /nand partition giving me 500mb free but cannot create new ´partition
"Minitool partition wizard cannot create a new partition on this removable dis.If you want to create several partition on this removable disk, you need to delete all the partition first"

Of course I cannot delete the /nand partition Minitool seems to do the job but afterwards partition is not delete.

Tried something else:
su
umount /dev/block/ndda1 and that failled

Last edited:

mcx

Apr 3, 2011
Using the Disk Utility in Ubuntu 10.10, I have formatted the /Nand using the 4 ways available:

- Master Boot Record
- GUID Partition Tablet
- Don't partition (Only one that works, but cannot create any partitions)
- Apple Partition Map

Even without creating a partition, the Kyros would not recognize the /Nand unless it is formatted using 'Don't partition' which just marks the entire disk as unused. This is also the same for a 16 gb micro sd card that I used. Seems like /Nand is just another sd card soldered directly into the Kyros?

Any idea why the Kyros just hates partitions???

enotar

Jul 25, 2010
Partitioning the Nand is not an option I think, the only option is to use SD but have top modify the ROM to include 179,1 the second partition (first one being 179,0)
I am stuck here...........

enotar

Jul 25, 2010
I succeed partitioning /nand
I made one FAT32 of 1.5gb and one ext2 500 mb
X5A recognize the fat32 for now, so I think I am on one step ahead but how can I mount the new ext2 part?
Thanks very much

emmerick

Mar 14, 2011
Someone managed to get Link2SD recognize the memory card. It would be the salvation for the space problem. I'M NOT SPEAKING FROM MEMORY NAND NO. To speak of SDCARD be recognized by the program after partitioned.

emmerick

Mar 14, 2011
It seems that Coby MID7015 not recognize Ext2 because this module is not loaded on the system. Would have to take a file specific to ext2.ko COBY or know it to the system and Montale Telechip believe that maybe there can be recognized partition.

Smee

Apr 2, 2011
Has anyone been able to at least format /nand as two primary fat32 partitions or one ntfs and a secondary fat32 primary partition? I have tried every which way I can think of and failed. That should work with Link2sd.

Thanks...

Smee

Sent from my HONEYCOMB V9.5.5 B9 FOR KYROS 7015 (ALL) using Android Tablet Forum

enotar

Jul 25, 2010
I dont have Coby but X5A but these are similar I think.

I succeed formating /nand with 2 partition but you have to connect your tablet to a a linux PC, it works very well with gParted;it will not work with ant tools under windows.
I tried and Link2sd dontrecognize the second partition; same issue but I have made some progress mounting the whole /nand as /data/sdext2 that use link2sd and magically links are created and exist in drawer , memory went down exactly as it should. I use this:
umount /nand
mount -o rw -t vfat /dev/block/ndda1 /data/sdext2
link are created in /data/app as a 0 byte file and they are bind to /data/sdext2 that is nand, that do the trick but until next reboot where 0bytes files still exist in /data/app but not linked anymore as ndda1 is not mounted
so now I am working on :
1-determine if links is bind after reboot and remounting one more time ndda1.If thats the case we are good to go finding a way to remount automaticaly ndda1 after booting.
2-try to create install-recovery.sh and put these 2 lines inside (that didnt work out)
3-modify init.rc but that is tricky

I dont have much knowledge on android but be you can help or anyone else
Imagine the whole /nand as application storage..........I dont use it anyway as I have a 16gb sd card

Has anyone been able to at least format /nand as two primary fat32 partitions or one ntfs and a secondary fat32 primary partition? I have tried every which way I can think of and failed. That should work with Link2sd.

Thanks...

Smee

Sent from my HONEYCOMB V9.5.5 B9 FOR KYROS 7015 (ALL) using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited: