Coby 7015 link2sd, ext2 partition not found

emmerick

Mar 14, 2011
I dont have Coby but X5A but these are similar I think.

I succeed formating /nand with 2 partition but you have to connect your tablet to a a linux PC, it works very well with gParted;it will not work with ant tools under windows.
I tried and Link2sd dontrecognize the second partition; same issue but I have made some progress mounting the whole /nand as /data/sdext2 that use link2sd and magically links are created and exist in drawer , memory went down exactly as it should. I use this:
umount /nand
mount -o rw -t vfat /dev/block/ndda1 /data/sdext2
link are created in /data/app as a 0 byte file and they are bind to /data/sdext2 that is nand, that do the trick but until next reboot where 0bytes files still exist in /data/app but not linked anymore as ndda1 is not mounted
so now I am working on :
1-determine if links is bind after reboot and remounting one more time ndda1.If thats the case we are good to go finding a way to remount automaticaly ndda1 after booting.
2-try to create install-recovery.sh and put these 2 lines inside (that didnt work out)
3-modify init.rc but that is tricky

I dont have much knowledge on android but be you can help or anyone else
Imagine the whole /nand as application storage..........I dont use it anyway as I have a 16gb sd card

Hello friend ta rsrsrsr more complicated if you can post some results here. Actually this program Link2sd would solve the problem of space.

emmerick

Mar 14, 2011
Has anyone managed to install this on COBY KYROS MID7015, this is impossible, does not recognize the partitions.

Ish

Jan 18, 2011
I tried but gave up. Id love to be able to move apps to sd.

Sent from my MID7015A using Android Tablet Forum

juandpineiro

Apr 9, 2011
Has anyone tried this, I did all the steps. Created second partition. Pushed install-recovery.sh. The tablet was recognizing my original partition but still doesn't see the second one...

Oooops got it working!! Just needed a reboot. THANK YOU!!! :D Lots of free space!

emmerick

Mar 14, 2011
Oooops got it working!! Just needed a reboot. THANK YOU!!! :D Lots of free space!

Hello good friend that we can use in our MID7015, now it will be show. Would make a more specific tutorial.
1 - Which program formatted the SDCARD?
2 - which partitions you created, eg, FAT and EXT2

juandpineiro

Apr 9, 2011
Hello good friend that we can use in our MID7015, now it will be show. Would make a more specific tutorial.
1 - Which program formatted the SDCARD?
2 - which partitions you created, eg, FAT and EXT2

- Formatted my SD card using gParted on Linux (or minitools partition on windows)
- VERY IMPORTANT the partitions must be FAT32 and PRIMARY.
- Check in your PC you can access both partitions of your SD card.
- When you insert the card in your tablet it will not recognize it (That's normal).
- Download the file "install-recovery.sh" found in the link in previous posts and copy it to the NAND of your tablet.
- Using Root Explorer or another root file manager, move "install-recovery.sh" to /system/etc
- VERY IMPORTANT the file will probably be renamed to "install-recovery.sh.bak" (as backup) you have to rename it "install-recovery.sh"
- MOST IMPORTANT give the appropriate permissions to the file as shown:

User R W X
Group R - X
Other - - -

- Reboot, check in settings > storage if your sdcard is mounted, if it is, we're almost there.
- Now, open Link2SD, it should recognize your second sdcard partition. You're done! :D Link the apps you want to the new partition.

emmerick

Mar 14, 2011
- Formatted my SD card using gParted on Linux (or minitools partition on windows)
- When you insert the card in your tablet it will not recognize it (That's normal).
- Download the file "install-recovery.sh" found in the link in previous posts and copy it to the NAND of your tablet.
- Using Root Explorer or another root file manager, move "install-recovery.sh" to /system/etc
- VERY IMPORTANT the file will probably be renamed to "install-recovery.sh.bak" (as backup) you have to rename it "install-recovery.sh"

User R W X
Group R - X
Other - - -

- Reboot, check in settings > storage if your sdcard is mounted, if it is, we're almost there.
- Now, open Link2SD, it should recognize your second sdcard partition. You're done! :D Link the apps you want to the new partition.

Hello friend Thank you for responding quickly. I'll follow your tutorial. Thanks again. A hug.

emmerick

Mar 14, 2011

User R W X
Group R - X
Other - - -

Still getting the message of not finding the second partition. I did exactly as the tutorial. The only thing I have noticed that at minitools did the two partitions as FAT32 and primaries, but can only assign letters to one another is without words, is it what you may be struggling?

emmerick

Mar 14, 2011
I am restarting again to see again, but if I do not recognize the partition for linux (Gparted) to see if it works, it can be.

juandpineiro

Apr 9, 2011
I am restarting again to see again, but if I do not recognize the partition for linux (Gparted) to see if it works, it can be.

Yes I used gParted so I didn't assign any drive letter or anything :p I made a backup of the sdcard first because for some reason gparted wasn't even seeing the original partition. Had to create a new partition table. Created two primary FAT32 and then put my data back on first partition.