Coby 7022 Lazy, Laggy, Bleh!

dasein

Oct 28, 2011
So, the honeymoon with the 7022 was fabulous. We were in pure bliss. The last few days the tablet has been pretty dang laggy. By laggy I mean in registering input. It will freeze up for a few moments and then get back at it. At first I thought this was no big thing, but realizing it is a pain.

I am wondering if I loaded an app creating this issue or if I got me a lemon. I bought it at Toys R Us. I think I can still return this within X number of days (45?) for at trade out or a store credit.

Any ideas?

The last few apps I loaded which might cause the problem...

syncbox
olive office
local hot babes (kidding... as far as you know)

Thanks for any help.

D.

PS I am relatively new to the android scene. I have been using a droid two for a bit and am somewhat handy with the computers, etc.. Everything I know I learned on a TRS80.

Posting from my MSI wind because my Coby 7022 has become a lazy hog.

WVUTampaAlum

Oct 6, 2011
Start uninstalling a few things and if that does do a complete factory reset.

Sent from my MID7022 using Tapatalk

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Of course, you have tried a simple restart and the reset button with the unit powered down, right?

It may be low on space in the cache partition, or a problem with the internal microSD... You can try using an utility from Market to clean cache files.

If it doesn't work or you don't wanna mess with it, download Terminal Emulator and type this command:

Code:
df -h

then copy the results here...

photoweborama

Nov 7, 2011
Check your task manager too. I've found the more apps you use, it just holds them in memory, just in case you need them again... You don't.... kill all the processes and it frees up ram and you should get back some speed.

dasein

Oct 28, 2011
Indeed i will try these. Didnt know the reset with power off gig. I do run advanced task killer.

Thanks guys.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

WVUTampaAlum

Oct 6, 2011
Many apps just like to start and run frequently. Example dolphin hd. I found this running all the time even if i run nothing so I've uninstalled it permanently. Adiko is another but unfotunately cannot uninstall without root.

ResidentEvil

Nov 6, 2011
facebook runs in the background too. I removed it ,I also put my tablet in Airplane mode and I turn on the WiFi when I need it.

WVUTampaAlum

Oct 6, 2011
I also run the es task manager widget. I've come up with a great ignore list and kill things all the time. I unstalled facebook app first day i installed it because i saw it constantly running.