Coby 7022 with Copy & Paste? --Help--

Moviecouple

Aug 13, 2011
This is my third android device. For some odd reason this unit will not let me copy from the SD card and paste into internal storage. Keeps telling me I cannot. I can't even create a folder inside internal storage. Are you not able to on this device? Maybe because there is not a lot of storage on this device and everything has to be stored and run from the SD card? Any insight & help would be appreciated.

delsolboyz

Jul 4, 2011
This is my third android device. For some odd reason this unit will not let me copy from the SD card and paste into internal storage. Keeps telling me I cannot. I can't even create a folder inside internal storage. Are you not able to on this device? Maybe because there is not a lot of storage on this device and everything has to be stored and run from the SD card? Any insight & help would be appreciated.
Internal storage? Are you refering to the 4gb nand storage. The internal storage for 7022 only has around 300 Mb. A lot of them are read-only directory.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
If by internal you mean the 4gb nand you should be able to do that no problem. Don't try and copy in the root folder becuase as delsolboyz said there is only 300mb of space.

Moviecouple

Aug 13, 2011
Ok. So I guess there really is no internal storage for things on this device. Like... My Galaxy Tab has 16gb of internal storage. I can add movies, music, games, etc. With the device it really isn't possible? Or am I WAY off? If so, why can't I do it then?

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Ok. So I guess there really is no internal storage for things on this device. Like... My Galaxy Tab has 16gb of internal storage. I can add movies, music, games, etc. With the device it really isn't possible? Or am I WAY off? If so, why can't I do it then?

The internal storage is a built in 4gb sd card. It is partitioned. 3gb for you to use and 300mb for the android operating system and apps. The internal storage on this tablet (3gb) shows up under /sdcard. Any micro sd card you enter yourself shows up under /sdcard/tflash. You can add movies to the internal 4gb sd card by hooking it up to a computer. You will see two folders pop up the internal sd card (3.07gb) and then your micro sd card you inserted in another drive folder.

Moviecouple

Aug 13, 2011
Ok. Think I understand now. So I can add books, movies, etc to /sdcard... which is the internal storage 4GB (nand) of the device... and /sdcard/tflash is all the external SC card storage. Think that all makes sense. Thanks all for the help.

One other small question. Since it is only 300mb for the OS and Apps, can apps also be loaded for the NAND or external storage? Because 300mb is nothing.

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
Ok. Think I understand now. So I can add books, movies, etc to /sdcard... which is the internal storage 4GB (nand) of the device... and /sdcard/tflash is all the external SC card storage. Think that all makes sense. Thanks all for the help.

One other small question. Since it is only 300mb for the OS and Apps, can apps also be loaded for the NAND or external storage? Because 300mb is nothing.

Yes try an app called app2sd

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum