Coby 7030

Abdullah143

Feb 14, 2013
Guys please help me and guide me how shall i install play store on coby 7030 i have rooted it and i have tried that telechips zip file which contains zip and play store files but nothing happened it doesn't roots it nor even does it install playstore and guys please help me locate boot.img file so i can create custom recovery for this tablet ...

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
There is no custom recovery for the 7030. Your tablet was never listed on Coby's site so we don't know what processor it uses. We presume it's a Telechips CPU, but may also use a different CPU entirely. You'll have to try all the different rooting methods in the Development sub-forum, including some that may not be in the sticky.

Abdullah143

Feb 14, 2013
There is no custom recovery for the 7030. Your tablet was never listed on Coby's site so we don't know what processor it uses. We presume it's a Telechips CPU, but may also use a different CPU entirely. You'll have to try all the different rooting methods in the Development sub-forum, including some that may not be in the sticky.

it uses cortex A8 1 GHZ processor if you need i can do system dump also but give me some proper guide for that and i have rooted my tablet already all i want is the location of boot.img so i can build custom recovery for it ...

EDIT : and it has 512 MB of Ram and 7" of WVGA Widescreen Display

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
If it uses an Allwinner CPU, then my root utility in the sticky should work to root your tablet. However, you will have to find a way to get the Play Store on the tablet, since there is no ClockworkMod recovery for your tablet.

P. S. We definitely need a system dump from your tablet as we don't have one for your unit. Post it in the system.dumps.sticky in the development sub-forum when it's ready.

Abdullah143

Feb 14, 2013
If it uses an Allwinner CPU, then my root utility in the sticky should work to root your tablet. However, you will have to find a way to get the Play Store on the tablet, since there is no ClockworkMod recovery for your tablet.

P. S. We definitely need a system dump from your tablet as we don't have one for your unit. Post it in the system.dumps.sticky in the development sub-forum when it's ready.

i don't know what CPU does it uses ill do some benchmark or check some other app which can tell cpu info and then ill tell you which CPU is it and ill be happy to provide a system DUMP yes i saw that thread over there requiring system Dumps.. I rooted my tablet using some other method ... Just give me a step by step guide to create a System Dump because i need boot.img file also to create custom recovery and then ill move onto make a custom rom for it ...

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Well there are three possibilities. A8 processors by Allwinner and VI Micro, and A5 processors by Telechips. None of the Telechips CPUs can be rooted using my root utility, requiring the method Vampirefo devised. The A8 processors however can be rooted using my utility. Allwinner CPUs are found in the first batch of Generation 3 tablets (7042, 8042, 9042, 9742, 1042, 1045) and the 9740 from the current batch of units. VI Micro CPUs are found in the second batch (7033 and 7035), and Telechips CPUs are found in the current batch (7034, 7036, 7048, 8048). You'll have to simply try it out and see. More than likely, you will need to use the VI Micro rooting process rather than the "All other Generation 3 tablets" process in the root utility.

Regarding making the system dump, run the root utility. There will be an option to create a system dump. Run it and post the results.

Abdullah143

Feb 14, 2013
Well there are three possibilities. A8 processors by Allwinner and VI Micro, and A5 processors by Telechips. None of the Telechips CPUs can be rooted using my root utility, requiring the method Vampirefo devised. The A8 processors however can be rooted using my utility. Allwinner CPUs are found in the first batch of Generation 3 tablets (7042, 8042, 9042, 9742, 1042, 1045) and the 9740 from the current batch of units. VI Micro CPUs are found in the second batch (7033 and 7035), and Telechips CPUs are found in the current batch (7034, 7036, 7048, 8048). You'll have to simply try it out and see. More than likely, you will need to use the VI Micro rooting process rather than the "All other Generation 3 tablets" process in the root utility.

Regarding making the system dump, run the root utility. There will be an option to create a system dump. Run it and post the results.

okay i tried your root utility to dump the system files and it worked out :D atlast now probably ill be able to make custom recovery for it :D and i rooted my tablet successfully using this utility provided here :D "http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1886460"

If you want the system dump do let me know ill upload it and give the link to you ...

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
There is a sticky post located in the Development sub-forum where dumps are posted. Just post your link there once you upload your dump. As to your alternative root method, that's something that I can also add as an alternative for some of our users.

Abdullah143

Feb 14, 2013
There is a sticky post located in the Development sub-forum where dumps are posted. Just post your link there once you upload your dump. As to your alternative root method, that's something that I can also add as an alternative for some of our users.

okay ill soon start the upload and post the link over there and yes do post that alternative rooting method i guess it will work out for most of the Coby Models... ;)