Coby 7042 Touchscreen Problem

Discussion in 'Coby Generation 3' started by noobintrouble, Jan 1, 2013.

1. noobintrouble

noobintrouble Member

Tablet / Device:
    Coby 7042
    Hi There,

I'm a little bit late in the game and got the kids a 7042 for Christmas but to my dismay it had a very limited Gapps selection. Did my research which led me to this forum and followed your rooting instructions but unfortunately, the noob that I am, managed to disable my touch screen. Not sure if the rooting process worked. Did a dump but can't access it (if it got saved to the internal hard drive because I didn't have an SD card inserted in the Tab).

Got any ideas how to get the touch screen working again? I wanted to proceed with flashing the clockwork mod thing but decided to message you first least I ruin the device beyond repair.

Thanks in Advance!

2. noobintrouble

noobintrouble Member

Tablet / Device:
    Coby 7042
    Update: in Panic, did a hard reboot and the screen is now working again. followed your steps so my tab is now rooted and has clockwork mod in it. updated with the google apps rom but apparently, nothing changed with my system. Looks like a bit of "work" was already done to my tab when i purchased it. (it had google play pre installed. just need to get "incompatible" apps running on it that's why I landed this forum.) Reading through the Let's settle the Google Apps Compatibility Issue Thread now. Thanks a lot!