Coby 8048 apps missing

olddawg

Dec 4, 2012
I bought 3 of the 8048 for gkids for Christmas and did rooted with gapps. One of the devices keeps showing apps not installed after I install them and used them for a few times. The icons are still there, but when clicking it says app is not installed. I can re-install them, but they keep disappearing. I ended up unrooting to see if it was related to the gapps and so far there hasn't been any problems. Sent the gkid on his way. I don't think it is gapps, but would appreciate any suggestions.

PGR

Dec 11, 2012
I have the same problem. Still no solution but, if anyone cares...
Go to Settings, Apps, you can find app in Downloaded, Storage, (not Running if you turned if off), All.
I tried resetting with a paperclip and it didn't help. It just forgot the apps - even the ones i paid for through Amazon.
I moved the ones I paid for to the SD card and will try a factory reset.

It gives an option to not erase the SD card. We'll see if it works. I should have removed the SD card first. :S
Darn, I should have removed the SD card (even though I left the checkbox unchecked).
That's all for now. I have no apps to talk about so, I'm done. :(

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
I tried resetting with a paperclip and it didn't help. It just forgot the apps - even the ones i paid for through Amazon.
I moved the ones I paid for to the SD card and will try a factory reset.

Resetting with a paperclip is a not a factory reset. A factory Reset erases all data. Its done from settings/backup and reset, or thru recovery. Then reload amazon, your paid apps allow you to load, they are attached to your account.

Last edited: