coby 8048 fastboot mode?

sakodak

Dec 23, 2012
I have a coby / kyros / telechips 8048 (it's actually my Step Dad's) tablet that I've managed to munge up recovery mode on. I have a good recovery image now, but I can't figure out how to get this thing into fastboot so I can flash it.

I've tried various key combinations with no luck.

I've also tried "adb reboot bootloader" and "adb reboot-bootloader" -- but those just seem to power off the unit, not actually put them in fastboot mode.

I've searched around all over tonight and I can't find the magic sauce, anyone know how?

Thanks.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
power off, press and hold volume up, press and release power once you see coby logo keep holding volume up for 10 seconds now you are in fastboot.

sakodak

Dec 23, 2012
Thank you very much:

****box Downloads # fastboot flash recovery 8048_recovery.img
< waiting for device >
sending 'recovery' (8564 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.531s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 2.687s]
finished. total time: 3.218s

Looking good so far....

sakodak

Dec 23, 2012
Just to follow up, that fixed the recovery, then I installed your rooted gapps -- everything's good.

sunshine_n_pc

Dec 26, 2012
OH NO....spent the whole day reading and trying to figure this all out - thought I was "getting" it. Followed these steps and I have the COBY sign and nothing else - it is just sitting there, won't power on or off, just sitting....it's going on 5 minutes now with no response. What do I do and what did I do? HELP

sunshine_n_pc

Dec 26, 2012
after messing with it for awhile I finally got it to power back off and back on. I guess I am back to reading some more.

sakodak

Dec 23, 2012
You shouldn't need to do this unless you've messed up your recovery. Otherwise just install the gapps package using the built in update (there's a sticky.)