Coby 8048 Recovery, Custom ROM

DaSnOoTeRKiNG

Nov 26, 2012
it is possible to add the compatability fixes to the root gapps from the other thread? That file works fine just would like access to more apps on playstore
if the other works reinstall and just edit your build.prop to a better device. their is a tut on spoofing the razr hd and it gives access to most apps in the market.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
it is possible to add the compatability fixes to the root gapps from the other thread? That file works fine just would like access to more apps on playstore

Don't know when I will get home, things aren't working out the way I would like, tis live anyway, you can open 8048_root_gapps_signed.zip delete framework-res.apk from /system/framework ,rezip 8048_root_gapps_signed.zip and install it, you shouldn't have any problems with apps closing, the framework-res.apk is from my tablet, but yours tablet software appears to be a little different so, you get errors.

betadata

Dec 21, 2012
Don't know when I will get home, things aren't working out the way I would like, tis live anyway, you can open 8048_root_gapps_signed.zip delete framework-res.apk from /system/framework ,rezip 8048_root_gapps_signed.zip and install it, you shouldn't have any problems with apps closing, the framework-res.apk is from my tablet, but yours tablet software appears to be a little different so, you get errors.

deleted the file and tried it but would not install it then. not a signed file anymore. I tried install untrusted file but that was aborted also.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
deleted the file and tried it but would not install it then. not a signed file anymore. I tried install untrusted file but that was aborted also.

might be a windows thing, zips don't need to be signed for cw recovery. anyway I made the change and uploaded it for you.

Wait Internet timeout don't use this one let me upload again.

the worst thing about sharing files is Internet, we have bad storm here so Internet isn't always stable right now.

Ok just uploaded again.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5swu9fuoqr51q1t

Last edited:

betadata

Dec 21, 2012
might be a windows thing, zips don't need to be signed for cw recovery. anyway I made the change and uploaded it for you.

Wait Internet timeout don't use this one let me upload again.

the worst thing about sharing files is Internet, we have bad storm here so Internet isn't always stable right now.

HMMM I am not sure if I downloaded the broken one or not but the one I get worked fine. My kids get temple run and Iget plague inc and all the other stuff they want You are the best thanks for all your help. look for some "coffee" on friday.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
HMMM I am not sure if I downloaded the broken one or not but the one I get worked fine. My kids get temple run and Iget plague inc and all the other stuff they want You are the best thanks for all your help. look for some "coffee" on friday.

It was same file, Internet said time out, so I uploaded it again most likely first file was fine. What I use as checker is tunein radio, as long as you see tunein radio in playstore your tablet is compatible with most apps.

Last edited:

loneguy

Dec 4, 2012
The Rom has been confirmed to also work on 7048, tester also stated this Rom allows his 7048 to now charge via USB. The 7048 stock Rom didn't allow charging via USB.
on the 8048 charging show up when plugged in the usb but beware' mine showed charging when in fact it was discharging, i tried both computer usb port and the usb charger i have for other device with the same result no charge.
for the rest i got no complaint run smooooth great work Vampirefo

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
on the 8048 charging show up when plugged in the usb but beware' mine showed charging when in fact it was discharging, i tried both computer usb port and the usb charger i have for other device with the same result no charge.
for the rest i got no complaint run smooooth great work Vampirefo

I made no claim of charging via usb, a beta tester did using 7048, I don't have that version so no way to test.

Dinnon

Dec 23, 2012
After 2 days of trying (inexperienced in root tablets) I can do it follow the steps presented here, root my tablet, install custom Rom, and then install stock_8048_root_gapps_singend.zip. All running at 100%. vampirefo thank you for sharing your knowledge. Excellent Post! greetings! from MÉXICO
ajuaaaaaaaaa!!!! :cool:

loneguy

Dec 4, 2012
I made no claim of charging via usb, a beta tester did using 7048, I don't have that version so no way to test.
i didnt mean to blame you for it, just wanted to report this strange fact with usb charging because it is in fact confusing a bit to see the charging icon and to see percentage go down pretty fast

martin73x

Dec 13, 2012
CWM-based Recovery v6.0.1.1 for Coby 8048 by Vampirefo says: Error mounting /Nand!

I can comunicate via asb and I´m root but I don´t know how to continue.....