Coby 8048 Recovery, Custom ROM

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
if someone dont know this problem....you are a destructor of their tablet....
People need to make back ups, before flashing anything, This thread is two years old, Everyone assumes their own risk.

sent from my kingSing T1 via taptalk

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
if someone dont know this problem....you are a destructor of their tablet....
It's your responsibility to not only read up on what you're doing, but to understand the consequences of your actions. It has been repeatedly stated throughout the forums that Coby tablets often change hardware, which is why we always mention making a system dump before you start. The system dump is important simply because of Coby routinely acquiring internal hardware from different sources.

Any problems you encounter with your tablet are your responsibility. Trying to hold the developer responsible for your failure to read and to understand what you are doing is pathetic.

kevinthefixer

Developer
Feb 10, 2014
How many times do you need to be told--MAKE BACKUPS BEFORE DOING ANYTHING! Your failure to do that is your responsibility, and trying to blame the devs who donate their time to help out is not only pathetic, as Traveller1701 said, but despicable.

Mod edit: inflammatory comments removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

kancore_go

Jan 29, 2017
hi senior @vampirefo, first of all thank you a lot for do this, I think that you are the only one that has developed roms for coby tablets. I have a MID8048 and i'm trying to install gapps but I just can't :c.

i've installer you cw recovery, i've tried with 8048t1_root_gapps_signed.zip and i've tried with stock_8048_root_gapps_signed.zip too and after flash the tablet (with cw recovery and with "about tablet > system update" too)

the problem is that every time that I tried to open playstore, it closes and say "android.process.media has stopped" i've tried factory reset and unroot_telechips_signed.zip too but I still can use the playstore. I've looked for other people that have the same problem in this post but I've not found, sorry if somebody has already post about it.

By last let me apologize about my bad english, and again thank you man

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
hi senior @vampirefo, first of all thank you a lot for do this, I think that you are the only one that has developed roms for coby tablets. I have a MID8048 and i'm trying to install gapps but I just can't :c.

i've installer you cw recovery, i've tried with 8048t1_root_gapps_signed.zip and i've tried with stock_8048_root_gapps_signed.zip too and after flash the tablet (with cw recovery and with "about tablet > system update" too)

the problem is that every time that I tried to open playstore, it closes and say "android.process.media has stopped" i've tried factory reset and unroot_telechips_signed.zip too but I still can use the playstore. I've looked for other people that have the same problem in this post but I've not found, sorry if somebody has already post about it.

By last let me apologize about my bad english, and again thank you man
This tablet is very old, and Coby changed the hardware many times, if it doesn't work it doesn't work.

Sent from my Life Max using Tapatalk

LordBaal

Apr 3, 2014
Sorry for the necro, but for the sake of completeness here's a link to the other stock room you made from the dump of my tablet:
Coby Kyros 8048 Dump

I still have it, slow as a snail and stuck in android 4.0 forever but at least it runs some games like Magic Duels of the Planeswalkers and Warhammer Quest, sadly it doesn't run Battlefleet Gothic Leviathan because it needs 4.1.