Coby 8065 comments

JonPeter

Apr 30, 2013
Received a Coby 8065 last week, my experience was mostly psotive with one exception. The positives were the dual core ARM processor is much fatser than earlier models, Android 4.0 with full access to the Google Play Store is a big improvement and the HDMI, WiFi and Bluetooth all work well. I managed to get a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse working with the tablet.

The downside is the micro-USB adapter which is supposed to be a powered bi-directional micro-USB-AB. It appears the USB port might be an unpowered type B, good to connect to a PC, but not able to connect to a USB flashdrive or USB keyboard. I've tried six different On the Go (OTG) USB cables with no success. This weekend I will try cutting one open and ground pin 4 to pin 5 to see if that works.

One phone call to Coby service was of no help, suggesting I buy a cable at Target or Radio Shack. Three emails to Coby support has generated zero replies. I'll pick up another cable and try making my own, and hope I'm wrong, but it looks like the 8065 might have a bug. If anyone has a 7065, 9765 or 1065 post your experience with the micro-USB port.

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
The downside is the micro-USB adapter which is supposed to be a powered bi-directional micro-USB-AB. It appears the USB port might be an unpowered type B, good to connect to a PC, but not able to connect to a USB flashdrive or USB keyboard. I've tried six different On the Go (OTG) USB cables with no success. This weekend I will try cutting one open and ground pin 4 to pin 5 to see if that works.

One phone call to Coby service was of no help, suggesting I buy a cable at Target or Radio Shack. Three emails to Coby support has generated zero replies. I'll pick up another cable and try making my own, and hope I'm wrong, but it looks like the 8065 might have a bug. If anyone has a 7065, 9765 or 1065 post your experience with the micro-USB port.

I like the 8065, definite upgrade from my gen3 7042. built in playstor and bluetooth works fine.

No problem with usb mouse on the 8065. usb acts just like the 7042.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
These dual cores are the best tablets Coby has released, usb mouse works just fine for me on my 7065.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Tablet

edap

Dec 12, 2012
These dual cores are the best tablets Coby has released, usb mouse works just fine for me on my 7065.

They are good, as long as they work well. The OP seems to have issues with Coby Service and Coby Support. Namely, the lack of CUSTOMER CARE.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
They are good, as long as they work well. The OP seems to have issues with Coby Service and Coby Support. Namely, the lack of CUSTOMER CARE.

Coby is out of business, that's why I didn't comment on that part of the OP's post.
We are pretty much Coby support now.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
In that case, I'm surprised that they're even bothering to take phone calls.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
In that case, I'm surprised that they're even bothering to take phone calls.

They don't as of August, The OP's post is old, before Coby was sold.