Coby 9742 and Flash

Dec 12, 2011
So, please help. Thanks in advance.

I want to be able to use the Amazon Prime membership and stream TV and movies on my 9742.
No matter what I do, I cannot get the tablet to 'see' the Flash I have installed. Flash says it's
installed, when I reinstall, I get a 'you're going to replace the version already on this' message.

But when I try and watch my video library, I get the 'girl, you gotta have Flash to play this' error.

Please help, I'm going insane. I've tried Medaco and it's all the same as above.

Thanks
Ginny

Dec 12, 2011
Nope, that didn't work either.
I installed 111.1.115 Installed but didn't show up.

Tried to install using the SD card, but then the whole tab started freaking out.
I've been dealing with a touchscreen that only works some of the time, time to return it. AGAIN!

Not getting anything Coby ever again.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
If the touchscreen is only working part of the time, it's very likely the touchscreen's ribbon cable was not fully locked down when inserted into the motherboard. The socket the ribbon cable goes into has a slide lock that when properly engaged forces the pins in the socket to touch the contacts on the ribbon. In your case the slide lock is not fully engaged, allowing the ribbon cable to slide around within the socket, causing the screen to not work properly.

Other than that, hardware issues could be a good reason why Flash isn't working. I had a similar issue today with Tetris, where it looked like it was installed but all its data was gone, and according to the Amazon Appstore, was never installed in the first place. My issue was easily fixed by a reinstall, but I also have a perfectly functioning 9742. You don't...so send it to Coby to replace.

Dec 12, 2011
I bought myself an Acer A500 last night. It's the same as my husband has and he has had no problems in the year he's had his. This 9742 is my third Coby, second 9742, too.

Dec 12, 2011
so, i was able to install flash on my sons Coby, 1142?, and it installed wihtout problems. i installed 11.1.115.17. came right up.

i also got my slightly used Acer a500 (on it now) and the difference is big. my used tablet was $229, shipped and came with a case and bluetooth keyboard. so, a very great price for what is a superior-to-Coby machine. ebay. came with the ICS upgrade and the battery has lasted 6 hours so far with 65% still available.

i learned my lesson. and Im hoping to get money back from Coby for my tablet and my daughters. she had her 7022 for less then 6 weeks before the touchscreen stopped working. wish me luck.