Coby 9742 Touch Screen Problem

kms

Sep 25, 2013
New here first post. Great site for lnfo for androd users. have looked on site for several days. I need help with problem with touch screen. The top 1 and a half inch of screen does not respond to touch.Have tried pressing around edges. did not help. Can someone here help with problem? Gave 60 dollars used for it. May be door stop. Thanks for any help. THANKS GREAT SITE.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
1. Disassemble the tablet (4 screws in the corners) and gently pry the case apart.
2. Disconnect the ribbon cables from the motherboard. There are a pair of small black tabs on both sides of the cable sockets. Gently push the tabs away from the socket, then simply pull out the ribbon cables.
3. Using compressed air, clean the cable sockets.
4. Reconnect the cables and put the tablet back together.
5. Power the tablet on.

This should fix your problem. It fixed mine when I had the same problem. If it doesn't, make sure the device is fully charged. I find at low power levels of about 30 percent the digitizer sometimes acts up. If none of this helps, you may have a defective tablet.

Thread moved to Coby Generation 3, where you're more likely to get replies.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi kms, congratulations on your new to you Coby 9742 and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. Enjoy your tablet and the forum!

kms

Sep 25, 2013
Sorry tried but did not help. thanks traveller1701 9742 may be toast. bought one off ebay. 9in with keyboard captive touch. thanks for help